14

1st of November 2015

'Congratulations on your wins today,' Luke said with a smirk as we both clutched red cups filled with god knows what in them.

'Thanks,' I said taking a sip, the disgusting mix of alcohol almost making me gag slightly. 'You too.'

We had an athletics meet at home today, both Luke and I winning all our events, which also means that Michael could have his eighteenth at his parents house in Paris. Why Michael chose to have his eighteenth three weeks before he actually turned eighteen was beyond me, but I was never one to say no to a party.

'How are you?' Luke asked and I just raised an eyebrow at him, not really sure what he was meaning. 'You know, with your Mum and stuff.'

'Oh you know, shit,' I said truthfully with a laugh, Luke sighing in disappointment at my answer.

'All I want is for you to be happy.'

'This side of you is weird, I don't like it,' I said referring to the more kind and caring side of the boy who always appeared so tough and disinterested in things that did not concern him.

'Guess I found the right girl to bring it out in me,' he said with a smile and I just rolled my eyes at him.

'Piss off Hemmings,' I said with a laugh as I nudged his arm, clearly catching the attention of Calum who was now walking over to us, my heart sinking.

'Oh fuck,' I mumbled before Calum placed an arm around my waist, earning a very harsh glare from Luke who looked like he was about to rip Calum's heads off.

'Can I talk to you outside Belle?' Calum asked and I nodded reluctantly, my heart sinking even further if that was possible.

'Sure, Luke I'll see you later,' I said softly, Calum scoffing at my words before I followed him outside, his arms crossed as I stood across from him.

'So, are you two like together now?' Calum asked and I shook my head, however there was definitely something going on between Luke and I obviously.

'No, not really,' I said pulling out a joint from my purse and lighting it, Calum shaking his head as I took a drag from the joint, instantly feeling relaxed.

'He isn't good for you Annabelle,' Calum said and I just rolled my eyes at him.

'I like him Calum, you know that and he knows that.'

'What about me though?' he asked, his voice cracking slightly, my heart aching at his tone.

'We both agreed that there would be no strings attached. Calum you're my best friend you know that.'

'I know, it just hurts.'

'What hurts?' I asked, suddenly not feeling like the joint that was in my hand but taking another drag from it anyway.

'Being in love with you, not being able to do anything about you looking so good in that dress,' Calum laughed softly and I just sighed. 'Seeing you like this and not being able to help you.'

'Help me with what?' I asked even though I knew exactly what he was talking about.

'Belle you and me both know that you don't want to be smoking weed every other day and don't want to be snorting lines of cocaine of parties at the age of seventeen. You know that you don't want to be like that. I don't want you to be like that.'