6

18th of September 2015

It was safe to say that St Josephs was the dominant school at the athletics carnival on Saturday. We flew to London after school on Friday, the whole team staying in The Ritz in the middle of London.

I ended up coming second in my main hurdles event and then I got roped into during the 4x100m relay because Violet ended up tearing her hamstring in her 200m event, which sucked for her but we ended up winning the relay, which was one of the highlights for the day.

The boys ended up winning most events they were in, Luke even won his hurdles which were surprising since it was not his main event ever.

I was currently in my shared room with Violet who was nursing her hamstring, whilst I was getting ready with Cara and Eloise, as we were going to Luke's hotel room which he was sharing with Calum, Michael and Ashton, which is where the party is tonight.

"Are you actually wearing that?" Violet asked and I nodded with a grin. I was wearing a loose black and white striped t-shirt with a denim skirt and of course, by black Doc Martens.

"Yes."

"You are something else," Eloise said with a soft smile as she tied up her giant heels.

"No wonder Luke is obsessed with you," Cara laughed. "You are like a breath of fresh air."

"First of all, Luke is not obsessed with me and second of all, where did you hear that?" I asked, not believing a word that was coming out of Cara Archer's mouth.

"Yes he is and Michael told me."

Michael and Cara have been together since the beginning of high school and are attached at the hip so it seems. I have found myself becoming quite good friends with Eloise, Cara and Violet, as they are also friends with Calum and the rest of the boys.

"Oh well I guess we will see tonight," I said and Eloise and Cara squealed and Violet just rolled her eyes at me whilst I sent her a smirk. Eloise and Cara are your typical, preppy high school teenagers but that's just them and we have all gotten used to that. Violet reminds me off myself slightly as she is a bit more relaxed and chilled out, which I have always liked.

"Alright, text us if you need anything," Eloise said to Violet who was lying on her bed, as she had been to the hospital and had surgery to repair her hamstring and was now on crutches

"Will do, have fun guys," Violet said before we all headed down the hallway to Luke's room, where the music was playing just loud enough for us to hear as we did not want the supervising teachers to find out what we are up to.

As soon as we walked into the hotel room, we were met by the familiar faces of our teammates, every single one of them with a cup of alcohol in their hands.

"Nice of you to join us," Calum said with a smirk, handing me a cup of alcohol with god knows what in it but I was going to drink it anyway.

"Hey! We had to make sure that Violet would be okay for the night," I protested as I sat down on the couch next to him. He looked good tonight and I was not the only one who noticed it, because like always, Eloise could not keep her eyes off of him.

"Oh yeah sure sure," Calum said and I just rolled my eyes as Cara went off to find Michael and Eloise spotted another friend of hers, leaving Calum and I by ourselves.

"Where is Luke?" I asked Calum as casually as I could as more people began to arrive, my eyes scanning the room for Luke.

"He went into his bedroom about five minutes before he got here with a girl," Calum said and I felt my heart sink.