12

21st of October 2015

'Annabelle what are you doing?' Calum asked outside of my door as I lay in my bed, crying like I had been since the beginning of the day.

'Calum, look at what day it is,' I said softly and I heard a soft gasp from the boy, who immediately entered my room.

'I'm so sorry Belle I forgot,' he said sitting down at the end of my bed.

Three years since my mother committed suicide. Three years since she took her own life without leaving a note for anyone, including her husband and two children.

Three years since my father became a shell of a human. Three years since my brother decided he basically didn't want anything to do with us anymore. Three years since I went off the rail and became numb.

My mother, Louisa Carrington was a successful model and businesswoman, meeting my father at a party in their teenage years before they were billionaires. They were high school sweethearts, dating from the age of fifteen and only having eyes for each other. It was a fairytale romance, which became like a movie when they got married and had Harry and me shortly afterwards.

The day she committed suicide is still clear as day to me. Harry and I had been at school, one of our close friends taking us home when we saw a police car and an ambulance outside of our house, our father sitting on the front steps of our home with his head in his hands, something he did not do often.

I will never forgot the words that left his voice that day.

'Your mother has killed her self.'

I have felt numb ever since, which is why I turned straight to drugs and alcohol, because sometimes, it made me feel something.

Calum was the first person I called, and I was on the phone with him for god knows how long, just crying whilst he reassured me it was going to be okay, even though I knew that it wasn't. My mother was the light of my life, making sure everybody around her was okay, even though she wasn't.

I still blame myself. If only I had connected with her a little bit more, maybe she would still be here. If only she took a break from work and our father spent more time with her towards the end, maybe she would still be here. If Harry had been slightly kinder, maybe she would still be here.

We all blamed ourselves for her passing, even though none of us would admit it. I knew there was nothing we could do, she was sick and she didn't think she was going to get better, which hurts the most, because if she has given herself a chance, maybe she would still be here. She was so loved and adored by everyone she knew, but it just wasn't enough for her, which hurt because she was the most perfect human I knew.

'Belle?' Calum questioned as I snapped out of my trance, fresh tears now on my face.

'Yeah?' I asked, snuggling back into my quilt which is where I wanted to stay all day. In my bed, alone.

'Do you want to go for a walk?' Calum asked and I sighed, knowing that he was only trying to help.

'Okay,' I said crawling out of my bed and slipping on the first pair of shoes I could find and following Calum downstairs, knowing that I looked like an absolute mess.

'How bad do I look?' I asked with a laugh as we reached the lake, Calum just shaking his head at me.

'Hey, doesn't matter what you look like, you can look however you want to today,' he said pulling me into a tight hug, tears threatening to spill from my eyes onto his shirt.

'Well isn't this cute,' a voice said from behind us and Calum moved out of the way to reveal Luke with a dark look in his face, his usually ocean like eyes now dark and almost sinister looking.

'What do you want Luke?' I snapped and I almost felt Calum jump at my harsh tone.

'Relax Annabelle, no need to be so tense,' he laughed and I just rolled my eyes at him, wanting him to just leave Calum and myself alone.

'Luke I think it's best if you just leave right now,' Calum said calmly and I nodded in agreement, tears threatening to spill from my eyes once again.

'Oh look, Annabelle is crying now, do you really dislike me that much?' he laughed and Calum looked like he was about to kill Luke when he spoke those words.

'No,' I said gently and I saw Calum's eyes fall and Luke's eyebrows raise, clearly intrigued as to why I was an emotional mess.

'Why are you crying then?' he asked.

'Quite frankly with the way you have treated her, I don't thinks that's any of your business Hemmings.'

'Back on a last name basis now hey?' Luke questioned with a laugh and Calum just rolled his eyes at Luke who didn't look like he was going anywhere anytime soon.

'If you must know, it's three years since my Mum committed suicide, so excuse me for being a little bit upset today,' I snapped, the words almost getting stuck in my throat.

'I didn't know,' he said softly and I just shook my head as Calum placed a sturdy hand on my back.

'Of course you didn't know Luke, it's not your business to know,' I scoffed through the tears that were now heavy and he just sighed before I walked away, Calum following closely behind me.

'Are you okay?' he asked as we sat down on the dock by the lake, my feet dangling over the edge.

'If you don't mind I would really like to be alone now,' I said gently and Calum sighed, but there was no protest, because he always respected my wishes.

'Okay Belle, I'll be in my room if you need me.'

'Thank you,' I said giving him a weak smile before he headed off, leaving me alone to be consumed by my thoughts.

My heart was broken, and I felt sorry for myself, something which I hated. My mother was supposed to be here for all the important milestones, but she didn't even see me past my fifteenth birthday.

She was supposed to be here to watch me turn sixteen and teach me how to drive. She was supposed to be here for when I got my first boyfriend and take me shopping for my formal dress.

'Annabelle can I come in?' Luke asked from outside my room. I sighed knowing that he would not take no for an answer.

'Sure,' I mumbled back, the boy who was currently driving me insane entering my room.

'I just wanted to apologise for earlier, I am really sorry about what happened,' he said with a sincere smile as he meant up against my wall, his arms dangling awkwardly beside him.

'Thank you for your apology Luke, but I would really like to be alone right now,' I said gently, Luke shaking his head as he sat down on the end of my bed.

'I don't want you to be alone today.'

A/N

lol hey I'm so sorry I've been busy living my life

Saw 5sos at Friends Of friends and I almost met Ashton but he was with his mates and I didn't want to disturb them but now I regret that lol

Thanks for reading legends xxx