Chapter XIV - Iris Alone Pt. 2

Oh this was a bad idea. Si Wong Desert was hot as always. Iris had a bad feeling. For that feeling told her something bad her and Aang's father was about to do. She spent the last month trying to learn how to use her magic. The ability that made her eyes purple, the ability she got from her father. But she had a bad feeling about the SRCs.

She flew with her glider all around the Si Wong Dessert till she found the Nadilva Tribe. She landed right outside the walls. The SRC guards surrounded her. She dropped her staff and raised her hands in surrender. She wasn't gonna start fighting just yet.

"Halt!"

Iris looked forwards and saw Jet pointing his broadswords at her, Nergratia following from behind with her magic sparkling in her fingers.

Jet chuckled "Aah what a surprise! The Avatar failed to confront us so instead they send the Defender," Jet said with a sassy smile that made Iris wanna punch that face of his.

Iris forced a sarcastic smile back at him "Careful, my fist may accidentally land on your face,"

"State your business!" Nergratia commanded stepping forwards.

"I came to see the Chief," Iris stated.

"The Chief won't have any visitors, today," Nergratia spat back at her.

Iris shot her a deadly look "Why? Is he... in a War meeting by any chance?" she asked instantly reading Nergratia's thoughts.

Nergratia growled "Get out of my mind!"

"I came here to help in taking out the Earth King, I'm sure the Chief will find whatever I have to say pretty useful," Iris said. Which was just part of her plan, she wasn't actually gonna help in killing the Earth King.

Nergratia and Jet shared a look before she sighed and said "Fine, but no tricks, you are extremely outnumbered. You won't be able to face all of us," she said as she, Jet and the guards escorted Iris into the Glass City.

Iris rolled her eyes "No shit," she mumbled.

When they finally reached the City Hall, by the moment Iris tried to walk into the room her father would have the meeting, the other people he had in there were leaving, so she assumed that that war meeting was over.

Iris walked in with some guards and Nergratia with her boyfriend following from behind. The old man turned around and smiled when he saw Iris.

"What a wonderful surprise to have my favorite daughter visiting her old man," Huang said.

Iris didn't smile, her face emotionless and she just asked her father telepathically for some privacy. Huang looked back at Nergratia and the rest of the soldiers and he just nodded at them before they exited the room closing the door behind.

"If you're here for your daughter, I'll be glad to let you know that she's doing just fine," He said.

Iris sighed "We'll get to that later,"

"So why are you here, daughter?"

"I know what you're planning to do but... I can't let you, you understand that right?" Iris said crossing her arms against her chest.

Huang just woke up from his seat and went over a table pouring some tea in a cup "Tea?" he asked changing the subject.

"Dad," Iris said getting instantly his attention.

He chuckled under his breath. Never been called that before.

"I..." Iris groaned rubbing her face "...I've been through a lot, don't do this any harder,"