Chapter VI - Moving on

This is so funny! I just like to think of Zuko as Anakin at the first seconds of that video. Only Star Wars understand the rest of it!

Enjoy! :) 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's been two weeks. Things had turned back to normal. The Fire Nation was the most peaceful Nation all thanks to Zuko. Aang was taking care of the Earth Kingdom. After a few negotiations between Aang, Iris, Zuko, Sokka and the Earth King, they finally agreed to create a new Nation. A United Republic at Yu Dao, where people of all the Nations could live together peacefully.

But there were still a lot to be done to accomplish that vision.

Iris had been feeling a bit weaker the last days. She almost knew what it was, but she wanted to make sure that her suspicions were right. She visited the Palace's doctor, and she was indeed right.

Iris was pregnant.

All that was left to do was somehow tell that to her husband. She knew he'd be more than happy when she would tell him.

Afternoon finally came and Zuko returned from his long, endless Fire Lord duties. They had dinner at the balcony of their room. It was almost summer, the sky was clear, the moon was bright and the weather was warm.

"So, how was your day, Flamehead?" Iris asked as she stuffed another cube of rice in her mouth.

"Busy. Yours?" Zuko asked.

"Someone robbed the Changs' Mansion. We tracked him, found him, gave the stolen stuff to the family and locked him away. You know... the usual," Iris said.

"You know, none of the Fire Ladies in the whole Fire Nation History was ever assigned to be the Chief of the Fire Nation's Police," Zuko said giving her a proud smile.

"Well, I guess we shouldn't trust our people's safety to anyone," Iris said.

"True," Zuko said and he continued eating the Fire Soufflè.

Iris bit her lip before saying "Zuko, there's something I gotta tell you,"

"Sure,"

"Well..." she hesitated "...I'm pregnant,"

Zuko stopped chewing and his eyes widened. He drew in a shaky deep breath and his smile was so wide that she could swear it reached his ears.

"I'm gonna be a father?" He asked happily.

"Yes!"

"I'm gonna be a father!!! That's wonderful!" Zuko exclaimed and happily and he walked towards her picking her up and kissing her fiercely on her lips.

Iris laughed as he spun her around. They both felt like the happiest couple in the world.

~(>)~(O)~(>)~(<0>)~(<)~(O)~(<)~

"Congrats, you two!" Katara said as she hugged Iris and Zuko tightly.

Zuko had sent a messenger hawk and they came as fast as they could. Aang was so excited on the thought of becoming an uncle. Katara and Toph were pretty excited too. Sokka... well, Sokka was making a pretty good job at seeming happy and excited, but Iris knew him better than anyone.

They stayed all together for a few weeks in the Palace. It was nice to be together. They were like a big happy family. Well... they were family actually.

Aang was actually trying to carve a betrothal necklace for Katara. But he was having some trouble with it. Iris told him he should use his earth bending, but he wanted to prove himself that he could do it without his 'awesome Avatar powers'.