Hello,” he said, “I'm Kakashi Hatake. What is your name?” He asked.

K...kasumi.” I said still not sure whether to trust this man fully.

Hn? No last name?” he asked.

N-no...I don't think I ever got one.” I answered honestly.

Well,” he said smiling, “How would you like to become Kasumi Hatake?”

My face lit up into a huge smile. I think this is the only time I have ever been this happy!

Y..you mean, t-that I'll get to be y-your daughter?” I asked making sure I wasn't hearing things.

He smiled, “Only if you want too,”

You really mean it? Your not j-joking?” I asked still unsure of what to say.

I mean it, every word,”

Then...yes!” I said with a grin as I jumped up and hugged him.

Wohoo,” he laughed as he hugged me back. 

---end of flashback---

I let a smile form on my face at the memory.

I'm still grateful to Kakashi, I mean he took me in when no one else wanted me, he argued with the Hokage to keep me and train me. And now here I am.

I became a Jōnin at the age of 6 and it's been 6 years since then. I'm now twelve and am known to be one of the strongest ninja's in the village.

I smirked as we got closer and closer to the village. Another mission success! Which means.....dad is buying me dinner! Whoop whoop!

I think Asuma noticed I was smiling a little to much since he smirked aswell before asking me,

“What's so amazing Kasumi?” 

“Since we finished the mission earlier then expected, dad's buying me dinner!” I sang.

He laughed.

“Well that's good for you! Do I get dinner too?” he asked with a hopeful look on his face.

“Nope!” I laughed, “It's just me and dad tonight!”

He pretended to cry but I just laughed as the village came into sight.

 ~

After we had reported to the Hokage, I made my way back home. I wonder whether dad's even home. He better be! I laughed to myself as I leaped from building to building.

Once I reached my house, I found a window open.

YAY! I thought, he must be home!

I hopped through the window only to find dad packing.

“Hey dad!” I said laughing as I jumped on his back.

“Oh your home already?” he asked not surprised at all as he pulled me off his back and into a hug.

“Haha yep! Which means.....You owe me dinner!” I giggled as I danced off to my room to unpack.

“I guess I do,” he laughed and as I just dumped my bag on my bed, which is my way of unpacking, I came back only to find dad about to leave.

“Sorry kiddo, I got a mission.” He said with what looked like an apologetic smile behind that mask.

My face instantly fell.