Chapter 28

Fast forward to August.

Kaylee's POV

I dragged my bags back into the house as Jess helped me. My trip from Europe had just ended and I was back in the US. While I was gone, Zach and I talked and facetimed every day.

Although, I hadn't heard from him at all today which was unusaul...

As soon as I put my bags down, I got a phone call from Jonah.

"Hey Jonah, what's up?"

All I heard on the other side of the phone was a mix of cries and words.

That couldn't be good...my heart started beating fast in my chest.

"What? What? Jonah, calm down what's going on."

"It's...it's...Zach. Oh my god Whitney." I could hear him practically screaming on the other side of the phone.

"Jonah. Jonah. Breath for me please. What's going on with Zach?" I said, my heart starting to beat even faster in my chest.

"There was this huge car accident and-and-you need to get over here. Oh my god. Oh my GOD." He said, still practically screaming through his sobs over the phone.

I dropped my phone just as Jess ran into the room. "What?! What?! What's going on?!"

"Zach..." I said quietly through the tears running down my face and pointing to my phone. "I need to go to the hospital right now." I said, hurrying around my around room to get my things together.

"Alright let me get my keys. I'll drive you." Jess said, running out of the room and I followed her running downstairs and to her car.

We sped our way to the hospital and ran into the waiting room where Corbyn, Jack, Daniel, Jonah, Tate, Gabbie, and Christina were all sitting together, not a single dry eye in the waiting room.

They all looked at me.

"What? What? Where is he?" I frantically asked them.

Jonah walked up to me and grabbed my hands. "Kayls..." He said, quitely. And in just looking at him I knew. I KNEW.

"No. NOOOOOOOO." I said, shaking my head. "NO!" I screamed as it all hit me like one big wave knocking me down.

Jonah caught me and brought me in close to him and tried his best to comfort me.

"I'm so so sorry." He said, rubbing my back as I felt a tear from his cheek fall on my back.

"No..."