Chapter 10

The next day at the park

Zach's POV

"Wait wait wait, so how did you get Kaylee to let you name your child Thrasher?" Jack asked, still confused even after I told the story.

"I just told you."

"I know but like...how...."

We all laughed at him.

"I can't believe they tricked us into this." Corbyn said, feeding his baby doll.

"I'm surprised Christina even trusted you enough to take the baby doll." Jonah told him, laughing. "But it's true, we got scammed by them."

An hour later

"Wait so you and Kaylee aren't actually dating though?" I asked Jonah as I changed Thrasher's diaper.

"Nope. She uh, she's into someone else." He told us.

"Wait I thought you didn't know though?" Daniel asked Jonah.

"She uh...kinda told me after you guys left..." Jonah told us, looking at the ground.

"So you know which one of us it is then?" Corbyn asked him.

"Yup. And it's not me so you guys can lay back on the 'Kaynah' jokes now." He told us.

"Well Tate will be happy to hear that."

We all looked at Daniel in shock.

"Hold up, Tate's into Jonah?" Jack asked him.

"Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god please don't tell her I told you. God damn." Daniel frantically told Jonah.

"Of course dude."

Wait. So if Jonah and Kaylee weren't dating and she liked one of us...could it be me? Maybe right? Truth was I'd had a crush on Kaylee for like a year now. I'd never really talked about it or even made an effort cause we all just kinda assumed her and Jonah were gonna end up together. And besides, when all of your friends ship them together it's kinda hard to be like "hey uh, I'm actually into her too" and have them feel like you're messing up some sort of fate. Whatever, it wasn't important. The important part was now I felt like I had some sort of chance with her.

"Alright well, we should probably go meet up with the girls." Daniel told us starting to pack up his stuff.

"Thank God. I want my co-parent back." Jack said.

I winked at him, "And by co-parent we all know you mean your girlfriend."

Simultaneously in Kaylee's backyard

Kaylee's POV

"I've thought about it but I don't know what he wants yet so we'll see. Maybe we'll get together eventually." Christina said as we all sat on my deck and chatted.

"Yeah I totally get that." I told her.

"I still can't believe this one over here isn't dating her lover Jonah." Gabbie said, giving me a friendly shove.

"Sorry." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Didn't you have like this HUGE thing for him last year?" Tate added.

"I did but...I don't know after Zach came into our friend group I just-what?"

They were all staring at me in awe. Gabbie's jaw had even dropped.

"YOU LIKE ZACH?!" Jess yelled pointing at me.

"Oh shit. I never told you guys who it was, did I?"

"Nope." Gabbie, said shaking her head and smiling at me. "BUT YOU LIKE ZACH!" She gave me a hug.

"Can you guys stop screaming that please?" I said, laughing.

"How long?!" Christina added.

"I don't know. I guess since he moved here last year." I told them.

"Wow. This is so interesting. You think she's in love with one of them and it turns out it's his best friend." Jess said.

"I'm not 'in love' with Zach I just have some feels for him that's all." I told them, defending myself.

"But what you're saying is, Jonah's single right?" Tate said, smiling.

"All yours Tate." I told her laughing.

"YES!" She said, fist pumping the air.

Just then, we heard the sound of strollers on my driveway and we all ran out front to greet the boys.

The five of them rolled up with shades on and babies in hand.

"Hot Damn." Gabbie said, under her breath.

I leaned over to her, "Ok good. I'm not the only one mildly turned on by this."

"Look at that! Our children are returned to us in one piece!" Christina said, taking her child from Corbyn.

"See? We all make great fathers." Jack said, putting his arm around Gabbie and smiling.

Gabbie rolled her eyes, "Whatever, dinner's ready inside. Let's eat."