Chapter 22

At the BBQ

"I hate everyone here." Christina said as all of us sat at a table in the back of the party tent Taylor's family had set up.

We all sat together while Zach was off mingling with Taylor and her family. No one wanted to talk to us or would just give us a weird look if we tried to talk to them.

"How come WE have to be nice to her but she doesn't have to be nice to us?" Jack asked.

"Because are you sleeping with him?" Gabbie asked.

"No.."

"Exactly."

Then, Zach walked over to us. "Hey, Whit, the baby's crying. Can you help?" He asked me.

"Fine." I said, taking Jonah's arm off of my shoulder and walking away with Zach.

"Ok so don't freak out." He said, stopping before taking me into the bedroom.

"What did you do..." I said, glaring at him.

"Well I didn't do anything but uh...last night Taylor was over and she..."

"What. Did. She. Do." I said, through gritted teeth.

"Well..." He opened the door and our baby's arm was laying next to our baby unattached.

"Oh my god..." I said, grabbing onto the side of the doorway.

I'm gonna kill that bitch.

"Zachary. Dean. Herron." I said glaring at him, and starting to corner him.

"Oh god, I knew you were gonna be mad." He said, flinching.

"Mad? Mad?? MAD?! Oh I'm more than mad." I said. I could not BELIEVE HIM. That was our WHOLE COURSE GRADE. How the HELL was I supposed to go into class tomorrow and be like, "oh hey Mrs. P what's up? Oh what's this? Oh haha, ya know, just my child's ARM!"

"You do realize we're gonna FAIL our project now." I told him.

"Well...maybe we can fix it..." He said, still scared of me.

"You fix it. I have something I gotta go do." I turned away from him.

"Where are you going?" He asked me, following.

"To beat Taylor's ass." I said walking out of the room.

"Kaylee stop! Please don't start anything!"

I walked out of the house and past where my friends were.

"Oh god. She's pissed." I heard Jess whisper to Daniel.

"Yeah, I got it." I heard Jonah say, getting up and chasing after me. Gabbie also followed.

"Hey there, Kayls, what you doing?" He asked coming up to me and putting his arm around my shoulder, stopping me.

"I'm going to kill Taylor Brist." I told him.

"See, now I don't think that's a good idea." He said.

"I don't really care what you think." I told him. "She destroyed my baby."

"Oh god. She messed with Kayls, grade..." Gabbie said.

"Well, good luck you two." She smiled at Zach and Jonah and went back to the table.

"Look, Kayls, please think about what you're about to do." Jonah begged me.

"SHE RUINED MY CHILD!!" I yelled at him.

"And YOU." I turned to Zach and pointed at him. My finger digging into his chest.

"YOU LET HER." I yelled, walking towards him as he backed away from him.

"I...I..."

"What's going on over here?" I turned around to see a smiling Taylor.

"Oh...no..." Jonah said, under his breath.

"You bitch." I said, glaring at her.

"I'm sorry what?" She asked, still with a stupid smile on her face.

"You hurt my baby." I told her.

"It's a fake baby." She said, rolling her eyes.

"That FAKE BABY is my CHILD PSYCHOLOGY grade." I said, getting closer to her.

"Kaylee..."

"Jonah shut up." I told him.

"Ok." He and Zach both stood an arms length away watching.

"You RUINED my grade." I told her.

"Oh my god, it's one grade. Calm down. Geez, you're so high strung."

My eyes went big. She did not just say that to me.

"Oh no..." Zach said, seeing my fist start to clench.

"I. Am. Not. High. Strung." I said, using every part of my body to stop me from clocking her.

"Oh you definitely are. 'Zach, do you have this?' 'Zach, did the baby get fed today?' 'Zach, did you check our scenario card?'" She mocked me with her annoying voice. "I mean, it's like you never shut up."

"Are you really gonna sit here and let her talk to me like this?!" I said, turning to Zach.

"I...uh..."

"I cannot BELIEVE you're just gonna SIT there and not even defend me! Whatever." I said, shaking my head.

I turned back to Taylor, "All I'm gonna say is you can fuck off and get your bitch ass out of my business. You aren't welcome in our little group and you never will be. Your fake ass isn't welcome anywhere near us."

I turned and started to walk away from them.

"Kaylee! Kaylee! Kaylee come back!" I heard Jonah calling for me but I kept walking away.

I wanted to be as far away from that bitch as I could get.