Chapter 6

The next morning

We all entered Mrs. P's class half asleep.

Corbyn was passed out on his desk already and Christina was almost there as well.

Jack was so overtired he wasn't even blinking anymore.

"I had three espressos this morning. If these demon children don't kill me first, the unhealthy amount of caffeine I had this morning definitely will." Gabbie told me.

Tate and Jonah walked in looking like they might kill each other or anyone who came within a five yard radius of them.

Jess and Daniel weren't even in class so I can only assume they slept through it since it was first period.

Zach was rocking our child back and forth and trying not to doze off and I was just trying to keep my head off my desk because I knew the minute I let my head hit the table I would be out like a light.

"Well you all look so well rested!" Mrs. P said, cheerfully walking into the classroom.

Tate lurched forward and Jonah held her back while the rest of us groaned at Mrs. P.

"I told you all to be prepared. The important part is that MOST of you got to class today."

As if on cue, Jess and Daniel sprinted into the room looking an absolute mess with their baby.

"Ah. There's the missing pair." Mrs. P said smiling at them.

"You are a devil woman." Jess said, glaring at Mrs. P but Mrs. P just laughed at them.

"Welcome to parenting. It's hard and it kinda sucks but it only gets better from here. Not that this would make you feel any better but I am the one who actually controls the babies."

"So YOU did this to us?" Jack said, pointing around the room.

Mrs. P nodded and laughed at all of us.

"Parenting isn't easy. And some days it's THAT bad. BUT some days will be good. CHERISH those."

"Ok, but in all seriousness, are we being punished for something?" Daniel asked her.

"Nope. In fact, tonight will be 'Parent's night out.'"

"What does that mean?" Gabbie asked her.

"It means I'll keep the babies tonight and you will all be free to sleep tonight."

Everyone in class cheered.

"She may be a devil woman but I guess even the devil has the potential to change." Jess told me.