𝐯𝐢𝐢. die again in your arms

SEVEN | DIE AGAIN IN YOUR ARMS

          DEATH WAS A PLAGUE DAHLIA MCDEEN HAD YET TO ERADICATE FROM HER EXISTENCE

          DEATH WAS A PLAGUE DAHLIA MCDEEN HAD YET TO ERADICATE FROM HER EXISTENCE. It'd consumed everyone she'd gotten close to eventually. Regardless of how many times she'd pleaded with it to have mercy on her, death continued to rob her in broad daylight. Oftentimes she's angry that death came after everyone but her—that she was still here instead of her family. She was no stranger to survivors guilt, that's for sure.

It was like she'd been cursed to watch everyone die tragically and unexpectedly.

And now, Pietro 'I bet you didn't see that coming' Maximoff had become yet another name to add to the casualty list. A death that could've been prevented so easily. As his body lay lifeless in front of her all the possibilities played through her brain like a cruel montage.

Tears welled in the corners of her eyes as she cried out his name, scrambling to her feet and towards his bullet-filled body. Every inch of her body screamed exhaustion at her as she sprinted to him—she didn't care if her body failed her at this point. Nothing else mattered right now, she had tunnel vision for Pietro. The blonde essentially threw herself into the ground beside him, cradling his battered body against her. She didn't care that his blood soaked through her clothes. "No, no, no, no, no. . ." Dahlia sobbed, brushing some hair out of his face. God, she regretted not taking the first-aid course her old job had offered her.

She messily tried to find his pulse—it was still there but very faintly. "You can't die on me. . . no, no, no. . ." She threw her small hand across one of the gaping holes, attempting to trap the blood inside him but alas, it continued to spill through the cracks. "Mo, you're supposed to outlive me, remember?"

"Would you invite me to your funeral?"

"Uhm, what makes you think I'm dying before you. . . ?" You've got 'I'm going to die young' written all over you."

"Nu-uh, I'm definitely out-living you," he says matter-of-factly."

"it's fucking 2am, go to sleep! 'Cause I swear to God, I'll end you both right now and end your debate." Wanda. Dahlia hadn't even thought about how he was leaving her by herself. It was different for Dahlia, she was born alone. There was no Pietro without Wanda and vice-versa—attached by the hip since the dawn of time.