𝐢𝐯. the robot man with a plan

FOUR | THE ROBOT MAN WITH A PLAN

          IT WAS SOMEWHAT OF A SURREAL FEELING TO FINALLY HAVE THEIR FREEDOM BACK

      IT WAS SOMEWHAT OF A SURREAL FEELING TO FINALLY HAVE THEIR FREEDOM BACK. Dahlia had essentially accepted the fact that she would've most likely never got to walk the streets of Sokovia again. She'd grown accustomed to her dreary cell, designated mealtimes and heavily monitored training sessions that being allowed to do as she pleased felt almost foreign. Now, in no way is this her expressing any desire to go back. . . she'd just been away for six months so it was going to take some adjusting.

She'd tried to force herself to go back to her grandmas house but she couldn't do it. The wounds hadn't even begun to heal over yet and she most certainly wasn't ready to attempt ripping that band-aid off.

Wanda Maximoff, the saint that she is, had offered up the spare bedroom in her apartment. Initially, Dahlia had been extremely hesitant for two reasons: one—the idea of living in an apartment again made her stomach churn. What if it made her nightmares louder? Two—Wanda's twin brother, Pietro Maximoff also lived there. . . must she explain why that was an issue?

Her best friend wasn't the kind of woman you turned down for such 'foolish reasons'. Wanda Maximoff always got her way—no matter what.

So, before she knew it, Dahlia found herself moved into the twins quaint downtown apartment. It didn't take her long to decide which twin was the better roommate. Wanda cleaned her dishes and picked up her laundry without having to be asked. Pietro, on the other hand, had probably never torched a cleaning product in his life (or at least since she'd moved in). And let's not even get Dahlia started on all the random women he'd bring home on any day of the week. Dahlia was almost certain there hadn't been a single night he'd slept alone (she wondered if he was doing it on purpose. . . like she cared!) According to Wanda this wasn't always the case but she'd never give Dahlia a reason for the increase (and she knew that she knew why).

Eventually, enough was enough and the dynamic duo decided to do what any reasonable person would do and change the locks. At exactly 3:15AM, when Pietro tried to bring yet another girl home he was met with a door that would not budge.