016. A Bittersweet Christmas

Chapter Sixteen | A Bittersweet Christmas

A Bittersweet Christmas for the Royals

It's a bittersweet Christmas for the Royal family this year as Princess Victoria who fell into a coma back in November as made no improvement.

A royal source says, "The family is trying their best to keep everything together but the pain that they are feeling from not having Victoria awake is overbearing."

Things are only getting worse as the media has now launched a full attack against Prince Harry and wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

Meghan Markle is being criticized for every single thing that she's doing. And a journalist recently claimed that it's difficult to sympathize with the Duchess of Sussex for some of the things she has done.

The Star's national columnist Emma Teitel said that there is no denying the fact that Prince Harry and Markle are both victims of undue criticism, especially from the tabloid press.

For instance, the "Suits" alum was slammed for holding her growing baby bump all the time. Markle was also crucified for wearing jeans to a sporting event. Prince Harry and his wife were also criticized for their decision to keep their son Archie's christening private.

"But when it comes to this particular press firestorm, it's difficult to sympathize with the Sussexes. Of course, nobody is perfect, nor can we reasonably expect Harry and Meghan to sail (instead of fly) to Elton John's estate on the open water with their baby in tow," Teitel wrote.

The journalist said that if Prince Harry and Markle can cancel their luxurious vacation and they still decided to take a private jet, the royal couple must consider stopping preaching about the environment.

-

Members of the Royal Family arrived for Christmas and New Year at Sandringham House. The Queen's country estate in Norfolk.

David and Emersyn were one of the last ones to arrive since David had to stop and pick up Kitty. Kitty was attached to Emersyn as her godmother and a trusted legal guardian so it was only right that the Queen invited her for Christmas, knowing that Victoria would want that for Emersyn's first Christmas.

Today, The Queen and Members of her family, will put the final touches on their Christmas tree.

Harry had custom Christmas ornaments made for Archie and Emersyn, and he would place them on the Christmas tree for their first Christmas at Sandringham House.

Normally, Victoria was the one to have custom Christmas ornaments made for every new baby that joined the family but she wasn't awake to do so. Harry knew she would have wanted all Christmas traditions to continue without her around.

"That was very thoughtful and sweet." The Queen said, as she watches Harry places the ornaments on the tree.

On Christmas Eve, The Royal Family lay out their presents on trestle tables and will exchange their gifts at teatime.

The Queen and other members of The Royal Family attend the morning service on Christmas Day at St Mary Magdalene, Sandringham.

"This is going to be a very bittersweet Christmas." Eugenie said to Kitty as they watched how sad Charles, William, and Harry looked.

"Hopefully, attending church service may be the perfect time to pray for a miracle." Kitty said.

"I agree with that." Eugenie said as she held Emersyn in her arms. It made her happy to see the little girl so comfortable in her arms but it made her sad because she wanted to announce her pregnancy but she wouldn't do so until Victoria wakes up.