Chapter 4: The Fight of the Century

Alex was tackled out of the bus and onto the pavement. Bryan's elbow smashed into Alex's jaw. Bryan then tried to reach for the shotgun on the steps of the stairs, but couldn't quite reach it.

Alex twisted Bryan's leg and caused him to winch in pain and ease the grip on his neck. Alex was still being held back, but reached for the gun, to no prevail.

Bryan then regained his grip on Alex's neck. He stabbed his knuckles into Alex's side. Alex writhed in pain and tried to stay conscious. Bryan didn't stop.

"Who's the king now? Huh?! Who is the king of the whole school!! Not you anymore! Your just gonna be a dead shrimp!" Bryan yelled. He was going to kill Alex.

The kids on the bus ran out and tried to stop Bryan from fighting any further. Luke tackled Bryan but was punched in the face when he tried.

This pisses Alex off.

Alex twisted Bryan's leg to the furthest it could bend. Bryan's grip loosened and Alex grabbed the shotgun immediately. He used the barrel to wrench himself free of Bryan's grip.

Alex pointed the gun at Bryan. "Look. We can either stay together, and survive. Or we can fight the whole time, and let ourselves be killed." He said.

Bryan stared at Alex. "I don't give a sh..." He stopped. Alex pointed the gun at his forehead. "You won't shoot me. Your too nice."

Alex shot near his foot.

"How 'bout now." Alex said.

Bryan stared at him - long and hard. He was boss. "Alright. I won't fight you." Bryan said.

"Thank god." Alex responded. "Luke, I want you to make sure this punk doesn't try to kill anyone. Got it?"

"Sure." Luke said. They both piled onto the bus and Alex drove off.

They continued down the road. All the kids began to shake with every bump in the deserted road. There were few cars on the barren road. Only one or two were moving or had people in them.

The world already seemed empty. Even though it had just started in the U.S. Well, that was all that Alex knew. It could have already began somewhere else. How could it have happened in Springfield? Something so evil and destructive couldn't have started in this small town.

"So. Genius. Where do we go now?" Bryan asked.

"Anywhere where we can find friends to help us, or if theres a safe zone." Alex replied. "Actually. I know a guy. And he is obviously alive.

"Oh yeah. Who?"

"My friend Daniel is a store clerk at a gas station only three miles from here."