Explain Time

***

Feel free to skip.

Via is an INTJ (Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judger), in the Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator (MBTI) which makes her dominant function Introverted Intuition and her auxiliary function Extroverted Thinking

What does that mean? She has no clue what her emotions are half the time, and even if she does know what her emotions are, she has a hard time expressing them. That means that she lives behind a mask of coldness and even when she's angry, she doesn't show it. She merely ignores the concerned person (like she ignored her parents). The argument is an exception because she's deeply invested in Atlas emotionally and needs to express her anger. 

Her worst nightmare is being proven wrong about something. That's why she loves having the last laugh and that's also why she attacked Atlas so defensively. Also, female INTJs are the rarest type-gender combination, which made her feel immensely misunderstood most of her life. This also fuels the defensiveness more than anything.

Moving on to Atlas. He is an INFJ (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judger) which makes his dominant function Introverted Intuition (same as Via) and his auxiliary function Extroverted Feeling.

What does that mean? He feels his, and others', emotions deeply, and he is sometimes overwhelmed. As his family is arguing and the underlying grief with his sister's diagnosis, there is too much negativity which he has to channel outwards (Extroverted Feeling, right?) and Via is just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Not to mention, he feels like he needs to push Via away to protect her from the emotional overload, and because he thinks she's going to leave him broken and defenseless (INFJs are often used because of their naivete). He also needs someone/something to blame for his fraying relationship with his sister. Since he can't blame the actual culprit - his sister - he blames it on Via.

Not to mention, male INFJs are the second rarest gender-type combination, which makes him feel misunderstood too, always being asked to 'toughen up'. His sister and Via are two people who accept him without question, but he is unfortunately left without both.

Is everything cleared up for you, my darling readers? Any doubts, post them here, and I'll do my best to clarify. Also, if you are an INTJ or an INFJ, please comment. 

Have a great day/night!

Love,

Cara.