◦ 3 1 ◦

guess who's alive!!!! 

I am v e r y sorry skdjhfkjsdf but I hope you enjoy this (very short) part!!

. . .

As soon as the men were in their positions, Clover lowered herself to the ground, careful of how she was distributing her weight. She dug more of the mine up to get a better idea of what exactly she was dealing with. Before Clover could continue, she was interrupted by quiet clucks coming from her left. As she looked over, a pheasant waddled up to her side. It's head twitching with curiosity as it eyed her. She didn't bother to question it and instead let the small animal be as she continued to gather all the knowledge she could.

Sweat formed on her brow as she tried to think back to her training, though limited, in land mines. She knew her chances weren't high but she was hoping to at least have stepped on a mine that she knew. And, thankfully, it was just that. As Clover looked at the mechanism and the writing on the outside she breathed a sigh of relief as she came to the conclusion that it was a bounding mine. Which was promising. Well, as promising as you could really get once you've stood on it and basically doomed yourself.

Bounding mines aren't dissimilar to a rocket in the sense that once you activate it, in Clover's case this would be stepping off the mine, a charge will send it into the air. Once it hits a predetermined altitude, probably set by Poppy, the mine will detonate and scatter whatever shrapnel Poppy put in it through the rainforest and into anyone in its way. Though that doesn't sound like the most ideal situation, bounding mines are directional meaning the debris sprays into a specific shape and, if she can get to the ground quick enough, she might be able to survive...maybe.

The pheasant let out a loud call and Clover sent it a heated look, "If I hear one more peep from you that isn't constructive with regards to our current situation, I'll step of this mine and blow us both up." She eyed the bird who stared right back at her before letting out a small chirp. "Glorified chicken," She said with a playful roll of her eyes. As strange as it sounded, she was glad to not be alone in what could be her final moments, even if her only company was a bird.

Clover knew she couldn't put it off for any longer. She was well aware of the fact that Harry, Eggsy and Merlin were in their positions on either side of her within the forest. She knew they needed a distraction.

So, she stood straight with Merlin's knife in hand, glancing to her left where Eggsy was, and then her right where Harry and Merlin were. Though her view of them was somewhat restricted due to the vines and greenery of the forest, she could see the devastation in their eyes.

"Now the time has come to leave you, One more time let me kiss you, Close your eyes I'll be on my way," Clover sang under her breath with a glance at the men, her gaze resting on Eggsy for a moment longer. Her voice grew louder as she hacked at the trees and vines obscuring her from Poppy's base. "Dream about the days to come, When I won't have to leave alone, About the times, I won't have to say," A smile grew on her face, adrenaline filling her veins as she became completely visible to the guards who warily made her way over to her, asking Poppy if she had another lawyer coming. If these were going to be her last moments, she refused to go out unhappily. "So kiss me and smile for me, Tell me that you'll wait for me, Hold me like you'll never let me go," She stretched her arms out with the knife in her hand. As they grew closer she punched the nearest man, sending him sprawling to the floor. "Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane, Don't know when I'll be back again," The guards surrounded her and she took a deep breath, looking over to Eggsy. 

"Oh babe, I hate to go..."

Clover took her foot off the mine. A loud boom rocked the rainforest, followed by fragments of metal and debris and the muffled sobs of the Kingsman agents.

The men all looked at each other, Eggsy's jaw clenched and a darkness neither Merlin nor Harry had ever seen before clouded his eyes. The younger man pushed past the trees, his weapon raised, gunfire filling the once silent aftermath. 

song; leaving on a jet plane - john denver
time stamp; 2:09

. . .

a/n:

I'M ALIVE oOPS IM VERY SORRY LADS LIFE HAS BEEN.....A LIL!! A LOT BUT IM BACK!! JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS SO HAPPY HOLIDAYS :D

very short, sorry! and don't ask about the pheasant cause i Dont have the answer djhfskjhdf it does have a Little bit of meaning but like.....idek bro i just Felt the need to put a lil animal in there

we're nearing the end of this part of clover :( but I'm pretty sure there's going to be another movie after the prequel following eggsy again so hopefully we'll see more of Clover even after this part is done <3

lorD so I've loved john denver for a long while and it was hard to narrow down what song I wanted Clover to sing because while i A D O R E country roads I wanted to change it up a bit and give it a meaning specific to her

xx Clara

me coming back to this fic after like Two (2) Months jsdhfkjshdf