Chapter 2 - Petals start to fall

⑅Kaminari's POV⑅

I run into the bathroom. The horried sight burning my brain, making my stomach churn. I walk into a stall and lock it.

I started to cry,

why can't he love me...?

The inside of my throat started to itch, as I felt something crawl up to my mouth. I lunge for the toilet infront of me and heave over it. I try to get what ever is in my throat out, causing me to cough.

I open my eyes and look into the toilet bowl, seeing what got caught in my throat.

What the actual hell...?

I look down to see green to faded to white petals. I widened my eyes in pure shock. I've heard about this...

I take out my phone and frantically open the search bar, typing in: Hanahaki disease

The research showed up as I reading covering my mouth as I cough more.

Hanahaki disease - caused by one sided love.

Millions of people are dying from this disease. The approximated length of  this disease to kill you is 3 months to 6 months. The only known cures is your love interest to fall in love with you or surgery.

Oh... So if I get surgery I will live and still love him...?

The surgery will cause all of your feelings for your love interest will disappear. Worst case scenario: you lose all the memories with that person.

I stare at my phone in disbelief. I don't want to die, but I also don't want to forget all about Midoriya! I throw my phone to the ground and bring my knees to my chest.

What do I do?! I want to love him and his adorable freckles... His beautiful big green eyes... His gorgeous green hair... His smile...

"Kaminari...? Are you in here?"

I look up trying to figure out who that voice is. I lower my head in defeat and cry louder. Knocks on the stall door causes me to jump. "Go away... No one important is in here..."

"Kaminari I know you are in there. Let me in."

I can't let them see these petals, we all have seen the news and know about this disease. I can't let them see I'm weak. I look down and see petals are all over the ground.

"fine, one sec." I panic and pick up as much petals as I can and throw them in the john before flushing it.

I unlock the door to see Kirishima looking down at me. "I saw them... I'm so sorry bro..." His arms wrapped around me, trying to give me comfort. I wrap my arms around his torso and let it out on his chest.

After waht seemed like eternity, I pushes away from my best bro and look up at his face. "Kiri...? Can you do me a favor and tell Aizawa I'm sick?" I wasn't entirely lying. I mean, I now have a basically incurable disease.

"I guess you need to process what happened...?" I nod my head. Kirishima put his hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. "I'll let him know. If you need more time just let me know and I'll tell him."

I smiled at him. I'm glad he can partly understand what I'm going through. We walk out of the bathroom as I go back to the dorms.

As soon as I reached my room, I slammed the door open then close. I slide down the wooden object and cry. All I can think about was him...