Chapter 20

Chapter 20

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” I asked as Will jumped, startled.

“Yeah.” He said while still staring at the view.

“Look, Will I’m sorry. I overreacted big time, and I shouldn’t have said those things. You’ve been nothing but nice to me since I met you, and I’ve been horrible. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have called you my father.” I said taking a seat on one of the chairs in front of him. He sighed.

“Don’t be sorry. I deserved it. I was the one acting like a jerk, and I shouldn’t have done that. I was just so angry. I saw you talking to him, and I don’t know, I just got really jealous.” He said while looking away from my eyes. “It’s just that I really do like you Sky, and I can’t believe that you would think that I wouldn’t.”

I was shocked at his words. I struggled to find a response. “I’ve liked you too. That’s why I couldn’t let this small thing come in between us. I knew that we needed to sort this out.”

I saw a smile tugging at the side of his mouth.

“Do you want to be my girlfriend?” he asked a little sheepishly.

I sighed. Those were the words that I have been waiting to hear for a while.

“I would love to be your girlfriend.” I said as I wrapped my arms around him. I could feel the weight on my eyelids and I yawned.

“You tired?” he asked while still holding me. I nodded into his arm, and the next thing I knew, I was being carried to my bed. I squealed a little, and then I blushed in embarrassment. I could feel Will laugh. He set me on my bed and kissed my forehead.

“I feel like a little kid right now.” I mumbled. He chuckled.

“G’night.” He said.

“Night.” I replied through a yawn. I fell asleep with the biggest smile on my face.

The rest of the vacation had gone great. Will and I told the Grant’s the next morning, and they were glad. Apparently they had been waiting for this to happen. Anyways, the fun had to end, and we had to return to school. I dreaded the fact, but I was also happy that I would get to tell everyone about Will and me.

Taylor was the first one I told, and she went ballistic. She was screaming that she knew it all along. I rolled my eyes at my best friend. Apparently news spread fast because by lunch, everyone knew.

Jace’s old friends were not happy about it one bit though. By now, everyone figured out what Jace had done, and they all felt bad for me, but I didn’t want their pity. I had everything that I wanted, and if I never would have met Jace, then Will and I would never be as close as we are now.