Chapter 16

Chapter 16

And my wish came true; there was no more drama the whole day. I drove Taylor home, and I couldn’t hold my excitement.  I dropped Will off, and told him that I would be over at six, so we could go to the airport.

            I slipped into sweats and a comfy t-shirt because we were going to have a long night. I plugged my phone into the charger. I put my red hair into a messy ponytail, and I went over to Will’s. His family was still getting ready, so I decided to help Vicky.

            “Hey Sky.” She said as she gave me a hug. I grinned.

            “Hey there Vick. You ready for Cali?” I asked.

            She started jumping up and down. “Will promised he would teach me how to surf.”

            “Well that’s awesome. Do you need any help?” I asked.

            “Nope, I’m done. You know Will really likes you.” she blurted.

            “Really? Well I have a secret, but you can’t tell anyone ok? Promise you won’t tell?” I asked her while holding out my pinky.

            She took it. “I promise.”

            “Good.” I said, “Well, I really like him too.”

            She started jumping up and down. “I knew it!” She yelled.

            “Shh, you have to be quiet though.” I winked at her.

            The rest of the Grants were ready, and we piled into the taxi that was waiting for us. I sat next to Will, and I rested my head on his shoulder; it just felt so natural.

After the hour it took to get to the airport, I was already exhausted. We passed through security, and we were waiting for our plane. I was listening to my music. We were called to board the plane.

            I walked through the entrance way and found my seat. I put my carryon in the overhead compartment. I took the window seat, while Will sat next to me. I cranked up my music, and I fell peacefully asleep on Will’s shoulder.

            A few hours later, I was being gently woken up by Will. He had already grabbed my carryon, so I followed him off the plane. We hopped into another taxi, and we reached our hotel. I stepped into the room to see a giant suite.

            “Ok, well Will and Skylar have to share a room, but there are two beds. But I don’t want anything funny going on in there.” Mrs. Grant said as she showed us our room. I could see Will blushing out of the corner of my eye.

            “No need to worry Mrs. Grant.” I reassured her as I walked into the room.

            It was beautiful. There were two queen beds and a flat screen TV. I threw my suitcase on the bed, and I started to unpack my clothes into the dresser and closet. Will began to do the same. I noticed that he had far less clothes than I did.

            Then, I put all my bathroom crap in the bathroom. I got dressed in my pajamas, which consisted of basketball shorts and a tank top. I walked out of the bathroom to see Will in his boxers.

            “I’m going to bed. ‘Night.” I called to him as I hopped into bed.

            “’Night.” He replied.

            I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes. I was thinking of what I was going to do the next day. I finally let myself succumb to sleep.