Scene 1 - SHADO Moonbase

(Century 21 sting + Opening titles)

The vast and open lunar surface. Dusty, lonely, empty. We zoom over across the vast space of rock, shooting down to stock footage shot panning downwards looking down and onto the lunar surface, revealing the SHADO Moonbase. We then zoom in onto the main control centre. A flashing red light in the Moonbase control sphere with a loud siren! Lieutenant Barry sits herself up on the main round centre control console. The other women at the desks returning their roles from the last nine episodes such as The Cat With Ten Lives and Mindbender as with the issue of actors returning to work on the series can at least be slightly resolved. These two unnamed Lieutenants commence operating their dashboards and operating their devices rapidly. Space Intruder Detector announces loudly...

S.I.D:

RED ALERT! RED ALERT! THREE UNIDENTIFIED U.F.Os DETECTED. RANGE 70 MILLION MILES AND CLOSING. TRAJECTORY 148 RED. SPEED SOL 8.

Barry: 

Here we go again!

She holds the microphone and activating a red towards her left as she announces...

Red alert! This is Moonbase to all SHADO and Moonbase defences – this is a maximum security alert! Three Unidentified Flying Objects range 70 million miles and closing. Interceptors immediate launch! Interceptors immediate launch!

The collective array of lights and buttons bleeping flash and tick. The Interceptor pilots have been slipped into their crafts as the roof is opened as they are one by one lifted up onto the lunar surface. More stock footage is played with pilots such as Steve Minto (Steven Berkoff) are played as the Interceptors brush the dust away as the SHADO Interceptors are lifted into the sky and race off in unison together. We see the three more UFOs fly together as they then begin to break off formation. The left dives left. The right dives right. The centre is left to fly straight.

S.I.D:

RE-CALCULATING U.F.O TRAJECTORY!

We see SID announce the latest information with the speakers in SHADO HQ based under the film studio as we pan out to reveal SHADO control. More computer systems and circuits wiring rapidly as the personnel rush around with their duties. The computer desk against a wall, left to the monitor, Lieutenant Ayshea mans the desk with her, as well as Colonel Foster and Colonel Lake attentively listen to radio communications and flight paths of the Interceptors and UFOs. Straker marches in strongly from his office as he arrives at Foster, Lake and Ayshea, strict and fast-talking.

HAVE RELAYED IN NEW COURSE TO INTERCEPTORS!

Straker:

This time we can't let them get through! With the information they infiltrated with at the International Vault of Washington, the aliens will know our every move.

Lake:

Commander, if the UFO was destroyed containing the information there could be a likely chance they did not pass on that the details of the conference.

Straker:

Then we can only assume they have somehow relayed the information across to their home planet. Lieutenant, put Skydiver 1 in the picture!

Ayshea:

Yes sir!

Straker:

Foster, once we destroy those Ufoes I want you to put Moonbase on yellow alert. I'm sure that won't be the only wave they send in.

Foster:

Yes Commander. When we destroy the Ufoes?

Straker:

Yeah. When we destroy them. And when they won't get a chance to interfere with the conference at Glen Carrick Castle in two days.

We are left with Straker and his bold eyes facing upwards as we then see one of the UFOs spinning rapidly towards us as the image freezes and we are left to reveal the title card. The series' logo then zooms into us as we are presented to nothing more of a dark black screen...