13| 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦

Start from the beginning

-"We were wondering if you had time to talk," Mike Says politely, with his hand folded on the table.

-"We have some questions," Lucas adds.

-"A lot of questions." Dustin puts emphasizes the word "a lot".

-"So, you know how in Cosmos, Carl Sagan talks about other dimensions? Like, beyond our world?" Mike asks before licking his dry lips.

-"Yeah, sure. Theoretically." Mr. Clarke strokes his chin as he speaks.

-"Right, theoretically." Lucas adds with a nod.

-"So, theoretically how do we travel there?" Questions Mike while surprising his teacher a bit.

-"You guys have been thinking about Hugh Everett's Many-Worlds Interpretation, haven't you?" Mr. Clarke asks with a small smile. He then continues.

"Well, basically, there are parallel universes. Just like our world, but just infinite variations of it. Which means there's a world out there
where none of this tragic stuff ever happened."

Says the teacher with a bigger smile this time, hopping that he was able to cheer up the sad boys.

-"Yeah, that's not what we're talking about." Mike shakes his head. The other boys do the same.

-"Oh....."

-"We were thinking of more of an evil dimension, like the Vale of Shadows. You know the Vale of Shadows?" Dustin asks his teacher.

-"An echo of the Material Plane, where necrotic and shadow magic....."

-"Yeah, exactly."Lucas cuts straight to the point.

"If that did exist, a place like the Vale of Shadows, how would we travel there?" Mike asks. The boys stare at their teacher with patience. Mr. Clarke begins to grow a tad bit uncomfortable and shifts in his seat.

-"Theoretically." Dustin reminds their teacher so that he doesn't grow suspicious or uncomfortable.

-"Well..." Mr. Clarke takes a deep breath before continuing. The boys look up at him with curiosity dancing in their eyes as they wait for him to answer their question. Mr. Clarke clears his throat before answering.

"Picture... an acrobat..." he starts, grabbing the boys attentions immediately.

"standing on a tightrope. Now, the tightrope is our dimension."
He grabs a paper plate and pulls a pen out of his pocket. He proceeds to draw a "tightrope and an acrobat.

"And our dimension has rules. You can move forwards, or backwards. But, what if... right next to our acrobat, there is a flea?"
He pauses to draw a flea next to the acrobat.

"Now, the flea can also travel back and forth, just like the acrobat."

-"Right?" Mike asks while processing this information in his head.

-"Right. Here's where things get really interesting. The flea can also travel this way... along the side of the rope."
Mr. Clarke draws a wave above the tightrope.

"He can even go... underneath the rope."
He draws another wave underneath.

-"Upside down." The boys says aloud in unison whilst nodding and eating more Nilla Wafers.