Chapter 22

(A picture of the Herald of the Magistrates, Luca Da Nord. Here comes chapter 22, enjoy!)

Alessandro's cold eyes turned to Luca who glared back at him with a sneer while taking a whiff on his cigarette. The tension was thick with tension while the two Herald measured their power. I personally, did not care for it and with staggering legs, I rushed towards Alessandro and almost pushed him over as I embraced him.

His cold eyes turned into a surprise expression before he gave me a gentle smile and returned my embrace.

"Sorry for being late, bambina. I had to fight through the Beast Clan before I realized that they were not responsible for your sudden disappearance."

I shook my head before leaning my head against his surprisingly sturdy shoulder. He looked far thinner than he actually was. I felt the residue from the sunlight on his body and made sure to bask it in. My aching rips slowly healed.

Alessandro rubbed my head as he noticed what I was doing. "Are you siphoning my sunlight, bambina?"

He sounded dramatically horrified and I rolled my eyes at him. "You have enough to share."

Carlo had entered our vicinity and inspected me for wounds.

"You are pale," he muttered bitterly.

"She was kidnapped," Alessandro said.

"In broad daylight. Maybe you two would care to explain how they was able to capture a I Soli in broad daylight," Luca intervened and Alessandro's eyes turned to him with a cold anger.

"She was kidnapped because you didn't do your job, De Nord!"

"She is far stronger than a Magistrate during the day, which you two just have proven, so how pray tell did she get overpowered by a lowly anarchist?" Luca repeated with eyes penetrating my neck.

"They burned me to soften my skin and then just drugs. I don't know how they were able to get knowledge of my weakness but they knew," I whispered so that solely Alessandro and Carlo could hear.

"Are you comparing a newborn with a five hundred years old Ascendant? You imbecile! They overpowered her through numbers or did you forget she was alone?" Alessandro sneered at Luca. He told the lie without blinking an eye while facing Luca's perusing gaze. Luca's gaze seems to linger at me for a while before nodding.

"Seem about right. She was on equal term with Illaria Florentino who is or rather was, Fransesco Del Core's newborn. Since you two just have taken out one of the largest factions of Anarchist in the city, I doubt that you are allied with the Anarchy."

"We did your job for you!" Alessandro said coldly.

"Sure enough," Luca responded.

A sudden attack from behind from a renegade anarchist was suddenly intercepted by Luca, who grabbed onto the renegade's neck with both his time. I let out a surprised and disgusted shout when I saw Luca rip the renegades head from his body with his mere hands. It let out a nasty wet sound as blood spilled on the floor and with a loud dunce, the body fell onto the ground. He holds onto the head with the dangling spine like it was the most natural thing to do before throwing it onto the ground beside the body which it once was detached on.

"Appreciate the help, it was surely needed," Luca sneered and Alessandro huffed at his display of physical prowess.

"Maybe you can shed light on something the girl said," Luca said kicking the body out of the way while closing in on us.

"What girl?" Alessandro asked.

Luca rolled his eyes and pointed at me."She mentioned that the Anarchists kidnapped her because they wanted something from you. What did they want from you?"