Brandon Ingram | Ryan

Player(s): Brandon Ingram
Requested by: Sesha_Ballins
Character(s): Ryan, Sky, Mariana, Lakers players, Golden State players
Title: Hit
-
A/N: The imagine takes place during Brandon's Lakers days. Enjoy!

~~~~~

Christmas Day 2018
Lakers @ Warriors
Oracle Arena

You and your friend Sky, and your six-year-old daughter, Mariana, are at Oracle Arena.

Today, the Los Angeles Lakers are playing the Golden State Warriors as apart of the NBA Christmas Day schedule.

You initially didn't want to go because you wanted to take care of Mariana and spend time with her.

Sky told you were spending time with Mariana (technically speaking), and that you should consider taking her to this game as her Christmas gift.

That's when you gave in. Right now, you, Mariana, and Sky arrived at Oracle Arena.

Sky was able to get the three of you courtside seats.

"Why would people spend their Christmas Day watching this game? I hope it's worth watching," You told Sky.

"Trust me, Ryan, this game is going to be lit. The Warriors and Lakers are one of the best teams in the Western Conference," Sky said, sitting down in her seat.

You sat down next to her, with Mariana sitting on your lap.

"It better be. We had to go through heavy traffic to get here," You said.

"Don't worry about the traffic, girl, worry about the game," Sky said.

"Also, look how close we are to the players. A lot of them are hot, and maybe you'll find your special someone here tonight."

You rolled your eyes as Sky laughed.

An Hour Later

The players went inside the locker rooms for halftime.

The first half was intense as the Warriors and Lakers were battling it out, but the Lakers ended the half strongly by leading Golden State 65-50.

Mariana was having the time of her life watching the game, which made you happy. Sky instantly noticed it.

"I told you coming to this game would make her happy, and you as well," Sky told you.

"Also, I noticed you were checking out some of the Lakers players."

"I was not!" You exclaimed, taken aback.

You were.

"Ryan, do not lie to me. You were practically drooling over them," Sky argued.

You sighed in defeat.

"Fine, some of the Lakers players happen to be very attractive,"

"Ha! I knew it!" Sky said, and laughed.

You rolled your eyes. That's when both teams came out of their respective locker rooms for the second half.

Once they got on the court, the third quarter began.

"Damn, the quarter barely started, and these teams are out for blood," You remarked.

"They are," Sky said, agreeing with you.

"But who wouldn't? The Warriors are currently in second place in the Western Conference, with the Denver Nuggets in first. They need this win so they can be back on top. The Lakers, on the other hand—"

Sky was cut off by a ball flying towards you, Sky, and Mariana. You tried to move, but it was too late.

The ball ended up hitting your daughter!

The fans around you wince as Mariana started crying.

Your face turned into pure anger as you scanned the court with your eyes, looking for the player who hit your daughter.

It was a Lakers player, and he was running up to you.

"Ma'am I'm so sorry—"

"Sorry? Is that all you have to say?! It's my daughter's first NBA game, and she's hurt on account of you! You better pray to God that she doesn't sustain any serious injuries!" You yelled.

People who were nearby were shocked by your yelling, even both the Warriors and Lakers players, and their coaches.

You stormed out of Oracle Arena, with Mariana in your arms. You sat her on the bench. You noticed that Mariana was covering her forehead.

"Hey, Mariana, let me see your forehead," You said.

"O-Okay," She said, and uncovered her forehead.

There was a red bump on her forehead. You try not to show any reaction to it. Instead, you sighed.

"You have a bump on your forehead, let me get you some ice," You said, taking her back inside the Arena.

You found a concession stand and bought a bag of ice. You gave it to your daughter, and she puts it on the bump.

"Mommy, when the bump goes down, can I eat the ice?" Mariana asked.

"Of course you can, sweetie," You said, and gave her a small smile.

"Ryan!" Someone yelled.

You looked up to see Sky... and the Lakers player who hit your daughter.

They approached you and Mariana.

"This is Brandon Ingram, the player who hit Mariana," Sky said. "He wanted to see if she was okay."

"She's fine, she's just has a red bump on her forehead," You said, giving a dirty look at Brandon.

"Look, I'm so sorry for hitting your daughter with the ball," Brandon began.

"You have every right to be pissed at me, and I 100% deserved the yelling I got from you. I hope your daughter feels better."

You could see the guilt on Brandon's face.

You sighed.

"It's okay. It was an accident,"

Brandon nodded. He looks down at Mariana and gives her a sad smile. Brandon squats down to her.