Chapter 29- The Code Breaker

Sawyer's POV:

I can't believe it, I'm a werewolf, I thought to myself. Just a little while ago, I didn't even think werewolves exist, and now I'm one of them. Tears stung my eyes, but I didn't let them fall. I have to be strong. If Scott can do this, I can too. As if on cue, my newly enhanced hearing was zoning in on random things; pens clicking, doors shutting, feet shuffling across floors, people writing down notes. My ears focused in on a familiar voice, as if it was searching for it the whole time.

"I'm sorry, I had to run all the way here. I lost the keys to my jeep."

Stiles.

I tore off the hospital bed sheets, rushing out the door to find him. Luckily for me, there was a pair of sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt hanging over the metal chair in my hospital room, probably meant for me when I woke up anyway. The voice got louder and louder as I traveled down the halls, indicating that he was getting closer. I turned the last corner to see him talking to his dad- well more like arguing.

"Stiles?", I asked, my voice hoarse and throat sore.

His head snapped up, hazel eyes locking on mine, "Sawyer!" Stiles used his dad's distracted state to slip out of his grip and rush over to me. He wrapped his arms tightly around my body, kissing the top of my head, "I thought I lost you."

"I'm not going anywhere," I gave him the best smile I could manage, which still held a pained expression.

"I hate to interrupt, but Sawyer how the hell are you up?!", the Sheriff whispered, trying not to draw attention to me. "With the wound you had, you shouldn't even be awake!"

I ignored his question, turning my line of vision to Lydia, who was still passed out on a hospital bed, "Is she going to be okay?"

Sheriff Stilinski's eyes softened a little, probably picking up on the amount of saddness in my voice, "We don't know. It's hard to tell because we don't know what attacked her. She lost a lot of blood, but there's something else going one; it's almost like an alergic reaction. Do you remember what attacked you two, Sawyer?"

An image of Peter with his vibrant red eyes and fangs flashed through my mind, "No, no idea. It all happened so fast. I-I-"

"That's okay, feel better Sawyer. I'll get a nurse," he told me, walking off.

"Stiles, he can't get a nurse, we have to get out of here!", I whispered, tugging on his shirt sleeve.

Stiles nodded quickly at me, "Hey dad, this probably has to do with Derek, right?" My eyes widened more than I thought possible, seriously?! Out of all topics he could bring up...

Stiles's dad stopped in his tracks, "I thought you two barely knew him?"

"We might know him a little better than that," I gave him a sheepish look.

He pulled Stiles by the ear, leaving me to chase after them, although it wasn't so hard now that I was inhumanly fast, "You do realize that I'm elected to this job right, right?!"

"Yeah, and you'll be re-elected if you crack this case," his son argued. "Come on, dad."

"You know what?", the Sheriff raised his voice. "These two girls had absolutely nothing to do with the arson case!"

"Wait, when did you decide it was definitely arson?", Stiles interrogated.

"Since we got a key witness," the younger Stilinski opened his mouth to say something, but he was cut off. "No, I will not tell you who it is, but we know it's arson. It was probably organized by a young woman."