Chapter 4- Parties

When we pulled up to Jackson's I was still nervous. Everyone was already there because Lydia said quote unquote "anybody who's anybody will be there fashionably late". As soon as we got there Lydia ran off to find Jackson, probably to make out ew, so I just wandered around looking for someone to talk to. Okay, I was looking for Stiles to talk to, I knew he was going to be here to watch Scott, so might as well have fun too. I didn't see him, so I ended up just hanging around the drink table. I was pouring myself another drink into my red solo cup, when I was interrupted by some guy on the lacrosse team that I didn't know the name of. 

"Hey there.", he said looking me up and down. "Wanna dance?"

I squirmed uncomfortably under his gaze and squeaked out, "No thank you."

"Come on, just one dance?", he smirked.

"One dance, that's it.", I breathed out, might as well try to have fun without Stiles. Maybe if he sees me, I could work the jealousy thing. I danced for a little bit with the guy, whose name I still don't know, when his hands started traveling a little too far down south. "Hey! Watch your hands!", I said shoving him off.

"Don't be a prude.", he mocked.

"You don't know me.", I sneered, trying to walk away from him. However that didn't work very well because grabbed my wrist harshly, probably leaving a bruise. "Let go of me!", I shrieked.

"Yeah, why don't you leave her alone.", Stiles walked over, protectively standing in between me and this guy.

"Come on Stiles, let's just go.", I tugged Stiles away from him. "Thanks,", I whispered, blushing a little.

"No problem.", he smiled. "That guy was a jerk."

"You're telling me.", I snorted.

He chuckled a little before getting serious again, "Are you okay?"

"Right now? I'm perfect.", I took his hand. "Do you want to dance?", I asked, looking up because of the height difference.

"I'd love to.", he said, and pulled me closer so we could slow dance. For a while we just stayed like that, swaying and lookingat each other, but for split second I swear I saw him glance down at my lips. He slowly began to lean in. Oh my god this is actually happening! I've been dreaming about this for years! My eyes fluttered shut with anticipation for the kiss, but it never came. "Sawyer look!", he yelled pointing at Scott with wide eyes. He looked like he was in pain, and completely ignoring Allison calling his name, he ran out. Stiles quickly followed. 

Damn you, Scott! 

I ran over to Allison, "What happened?"

"I don't know, Sawyer. I don't know.", she replied, so hurt by Scott's actions.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up Allison. He probably didn't feel well or something, he really likes you.", I comforted. A voice interrupted our conversation.

"Do you need a ride home? I'm Derek, a friend of Scott's."

"Oh hey! I know you! You were in the woods the other day!", I exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah. Do you need a ride home too?", he shifted uncomfortably.

"Yeah sure, knowing Lydia, she's probably spending the night, if you know what I mean.", I scrunched up my nose, but Allison just laughed. The car ride was silent and awkward, but soon we got to Allison's house and dropped her off. "Wait, Allison forgot her jacket. Should I go drop it off?"

"No.", he snapped.

"Well, somebody's a grouch.", I muttered.

"Get out."

"What? Are you kidding?", I shouted. He pulled over to let me get out. "Asshole.", I said under my breath. I decided to call Stiles to come pick me up since it was too far to walk home from here. 

"What's up Sawyer? Are you okay?", he asked frantically.

"I'm fine besides the fact the as soon as Derek dropped off Allison, he made me get out of his car in the middle of nowhere.", mumbled bitterly.

"I'll come pick you up.", he stated.

"Okay, thanks." I hung up, and Stiles showed up a little while later.

I hopped in his car, "So what happened with Scott?"

"He wolfed out.", he said putting his head in his hands. "I can't believe my best friend is a werewolf.", but the last part came out all muffled from his hands. "And he said Derek's the one who bit him, he freaked out when I told him Derek drove Allison home."

"Hey, what about me?! I was drove home by a creepy werewolf too!", I rolled my eyes.

"Trust me, I worried about you enough for the both of us.", I blushed at this, "Wait did I just say that out loud?", his eyes widened and his cheeks grew pink when I nodded. "But Allison did get home safe, right?"

"Yeah she's fine.", I replied, still in shock about him worrying about me.

"Alright, then let's go find our werewolf best friend.", he said enthusiastically, which made me chuckle. I texted my mom that I was staying the night at Allison's so that I could stay out, and search for Scott for the rest of the night. I ended up falling asleep in the backseat, stirring when I felt the jeep stop.

I rubbed my eyes, "Hey there Scott."

"Do you think Allison hates me?", he asked with puppy dog eyes.

"No, but you better have a kickass apology.", I mumbled, still drowsy. 

"Or you could tell her the truth, and just revel in the awesomeness that YOU'RE A FREAKING WEREWOLF!", Stiles suggested, but Scott just gave him a look. "Okay, that was a bad idea, but we'll get through this. We could chain you up on full moons."

"Can I feed you live mice Scott?! That would be awesome!", I asked excitedly. Scott tried to glare at me, but just ended up laughing, Stiles and I soon joined in as we drove off.