Injured elf prt three

Lindir gasped lightly as you took him to the middle of the ledge. You kicked some snow from around him and stood by his side.

"It's stunning." He whispered.
"I came here a lot, it's the best place to sing."
"You sing here?"

You nodded and clasped your hands behind your back as you admired the scene. Below you was grassy fields and a town, straight ahead far in the distance was a another mountain. The whole scene was unreal.

"Will you sing for me?" He asked shyly.
"Of course! My mother taught me this song."

You took a step closer to the edge and held out your hand for him. Lindir took it and you pulled him closer before letting go, Thane sat by both your feet as he watched the scenery. Taking a deep breath you hummed at first before your voice cut through the silence.

On the wind I hear you calling
From the ocean far away

Your voice held a haunting echo as it drifted on the wind.

Whispered as the light is falling
You gently call my name
Eurielle
Eurielle
Will you wait for me?

From the corner of your eyes you could see Lindir watching with an intense gaze, his lips slightly parted in shock. You smiled and closed your eyes.

Though the winter sun is fading
And the days turn black as night
I still hear your voice saying
Soft words upon the tide

This time Thane let out a long howl that added to the melancholy feeling of the song.

Eurielle
Eurielle
Will you wait for me?
Eurielle
Eurielle

Thane stopped as it was just your voice once more.

Will you wait for me?

You hummed once more and breathed in deeply.

Waves break in the silence
Peace shatters all around
Through the storm I feel your guidance
To your heart I am bound
Eurielle
Eurielle
Will you wait for me?
Eurielle
Eurielle
Will you wait for me?

When you finished your voice drifted slightly before everything fell silent once more. You turned to Lindir and smiled sheepishly. He stared at you in pure awe, opening and closing his mouth a few times as he struggled with the words.

"Y.. you..." he muttered.

You looked down shyly before lifting your gaze to meet his again. His brow eyes shone with pure awe.

"You are why we were in the mountain..." he breathed.
"Me?" You asked confused.

Lindir nodded and took your hand in his as he gave you a small smile.

"In Rivendell, on the wind we sometimes hear this voice. It sounds like nothing with have every heard, pure angelic. Arwen, Lord Elrond's Daughter loved to hear it." He smiled.

You felt heat rush to your face as he said that, they heard you? They enjoyed your singing?

"Many wished to find this voice, Lord Elrond figured it must have been coming from this mountain, so he, myself and a handful of guards set out to find it."
"How did you get hurt then?"
"Orcs, we were ambushed by orcs, I ended up separated from them, I was badly hurt, but before I fell unconscious I heard the voice again. It was you."

You remembered that day as if it were yesterday.

"I was singing before I went looking for wood." You nodded.

Lindir smiled and you sighed a little. Bringing a hand to his face you ran your fingers along his reddened cheeks.

"I hadn't mean to cause you all so much trouble.."
"You caused us no trouble, you created peace for us unlike any we've had."
"You got hurt looking for me, all because of my singing." You pointed out.
"And I found you, I have no regret in doing so."

You smiled and kissed his cold cheek as you laced your fingers with his. Thane barked happily and headed back up the slope.

"Come on, we should head back before we freeze."

Lindir hummed in agreement and happily followed behind you as you led the way. You couldn't deny that you felt guilty for leading them all the way up here, but you also couldn't help but feel blessed for having such a wonderful elf placed in your path.

As you glanced back at Lindir you smiled to yourself and looked ahead, ushering him into your home, you took his coat and hung it up with yours and you blew on your cold fingers. Lindir took your hands in his and rubbed them together before bringing them to his lips to blow softly on the tips of your fingers all while looking at you.

"Thank you Lindir..." you whispered.
"You are welcome meleth*."

When Lindir placed your hands back to your side you felt your heart racing, then a hint of sadness took over, you had a crush on the elf

*A/N: Meleth means love, I think I used google xD