Elrond - the pale rider part six

A/N: instead of writing this in here, should I just make it as it's own book and put these chapters there?? Or leave it here??

Elrond left the room smiling, it had been just over a month since he'd first met you, and now you trusted him enough to tell him your real name.

It was huge progress.

"You seem happy." Lindir noted falling in line with Elrond.

"I am, Rider has finally entrusted me with her real name."

"Oh really? That's amazing!" Lindir smiled.

"Indeed, it means she's starting to warm up a little bit, Arwen also found a book that held some information on her."

"What did it say?"

Elrond told Lindir what he read as the pair of them started to wonder aimlessly about the gardens.

"I see, perhaps that explains her distrust in others."

Elrond nodded, taking a seat on a bench while Lindir sat on the fountain in front of the bench.

"Perhaps it does, though it was a very short description. Though I believe that is not her full reason for being so cautious."

"Do you suspect something else?"

"Yes, as I was cleaning her wound she panicked and restrained my hand, plus I have noticed multiple battle scars."

"By the sounds of it, and from what I've seen. She's some sort of vigilante, she seems to go around protecting people."

"I wonder why." Elrond mused.

Lindir hummed in agreement, the pair of them sat there silently for a while.

"Lindir, we need some assistance." A young elf smiled cheekily.

"I'll be there." He laughed standing up.

Both bowed their heads respectfully and left. Elrond took this as his turn to leave as well, making his was back through the halls, only to bump into someone.

With quick reflexes Elrond wrapped his arms around the person.

Looking down, he connected eyes with shocked (E/C) ones.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" He asked worried.

You simply nodded, staring up at him. When he'd caught you, your hands and gripped the edges of his robes in a white knuckle grip.

"I did not hurt you did i?"

Again you shook your head, and let your grip slack, glancing down at his arms around you.

"Oh, many apologies. This is highly inappropriate."

Elrond slowly raised you so you were stood properly, his arms coming away from around you.

You let yours drop from his robes, and turned your gaze to the floor. You had dropped your cloak as you were putting it on while you left the room.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Here."

He reached down and picked it up, holding it out so you could put it on. You were hesitant at first, but with one look at the kindness on his face you quickly put it in before turning around.

"Where are you heading?" He asked.

Opening your mouth, you quickly closed it again. Looking around, you spotted a balcony and pointed towards it.

"Ah, I see. You wish to head outside. Would you like some assistance?"

You thought for a moment before you slowly nodded.

"Please, follow me."

Elrond set off, and you trailed a few steps behind him.

Your heart was beating faster than normal, and you suddenly found yourself speechless.

Never had you been in a situation like that. It confused you to no end, how could someone be so gentle and caring with another?

Looking at Elrond, you watched the way he politely greeted everyone who passed. You couldn't help but admit the Ellon was slightly growing on you