Elrond - The pale rider part four

Elrond had done everything he could to help with your wound and hopefully try get rid of your infection, but he didn't know if it was going if work or not.

"I'm sure it will work, you are more than capable of helping her." Lindir smiled.

"Thank you Mellon, I am simply worried that if she wakes up again she will leave again, and this time not be able to have enough time to make her way here."

Lindir placed his hand on Elronds shoulder and offered him a reassuring smile.

"She came this time, it is an improvement. I'm sure she will come the next time too."

Elrond just nodded and left your room. Lindir was right, you did come this time, so clearly you knew that he would help you, maybe it was an improvement.

Every day Elrond checked up on you, colour started to return to your skin, and your wound wasn't bleeding anymore and no longer had a greenish colour about it.

The only thing worrying him was that even after nearly a week you hadn't woken up, though your wound was fine, he was concerned there was a deeper issue.

As he made his way to your room, he heard something inside so he quickly rushed in, finding your trying to sit up in bed.

"Careful, careful."

Elrond rushed over, gently pushing your back into the bed.

"Please, don't get up. Your wound has just cleared up, I do not want it to get infected again. I'm sure you do not either."

You tensed, as if you were going to try get up again but relaxed a little and shook your head.

Bringing your hand up, you felt your abdomen. You could feel a thick layer of bandages over it.

"Are you in pain?" Elrond asked concerned.

You shook your head and turned your face away from him.

You knew there was no point, he already knew what you looked like. But you still wished to hide your face from him.

"No one else has seen your face if that is what you are worried about. Only myself and Lindir."

You nodded your head in understanding but still kept it turned away from him.

Elrond had so many questions, but he didn't know where to start or whether you would answer them or not.

"May you stay here until you are fully healed? That way I can keep an eye on your progress."

You never replied and he sighed softly, taking a seat on the edge of your bed making you shuffle away slightly.

"I promise as long as you're fine tomorrow you may walk about. Just until your wound has fully closed up."

Again you never replied, but after a small moment you nodded your head reluctantly.

"Thank you. May I know your name? It's okay if not. Just so I have something to call you by."

This was a question you didn't answer. Truth be told, part of you wanted to tell him, but the other part fought against it.

"I understand. I shall just call you Rider for now, how about that?"

You nodded once more and Elrond smiled happily.

"Alright Rider, I'll come by with some food. One moment."

He left and you tilted your head to look at the ceiling. Why was he being so nice? He barely knew you. Yes, you saved his daughter but this seemed like something else, something vaguely familiar that you couldn't place.

Sighing softly, you raised your hand, staring at the strands of light that broke around your fingers.

Your hand was scarred, callused from fighting, each one told a story.

Letting it drop onto the bed, you simply just laid there until Elrond came back.

"Here, it should be easy and light to eat."

He placed a plate on the bedside table, and reached out his hands.

"May I?" He asked.

You stiffly nodded, allowing him to wrap his arms around you since you wouldn't be able to sit up on your own.

The contact wasn't as harsh as you were used to, it was gentle, and caring. Something you hadn't felt for a long while, but just as fast as it was there it was gone and a plate was placed on your lap.

"I shall allow you to eat in peace."

Elrond offered you another smile and left, leaving you alone once more.

Many questions ran through Elronds head, he simply thought the pale rider was a myth. But to have her sitting in his medical ward proved that wrong, now he wondered if there was any other stories about you that may help him