XXVIII

"Where are you going?" Frances' father asked with his arms crossed as the girl went downstairs, ready for that party.

"To a party, dad" She answered and then gave him the best puppy eyes she could; once she got never used to do it "Can I bring Stephan with me?"

John stared confused at her and asked "What?"

"Please oblige him to come with me. If I ask he will say no. Tell him to like... Keep an eye on me or whatever? Please?"

"I... Honestly don't understand what is happening right now but- Sure. I think it will be good for him to go to a party at least once in his high school years" John chuckles, still confused though, and Frances smiled.

...

"I still don't get why you made dad force me to join you" Stephan complained but Frances kept a smug smile on her face, knowing pretty well what would happen between him and Susan that night "I didn't even do anything to you punish me like that!"

"Oh, trust, me brobro... You'll definitely thank me later"

He looked weirdly at her by the way she spoke and then pulled the car at Seven Eleven. Frances took a deep breath knowing what would happen next. This if her dream was actually a prediction from the future of course "Ok, give me the money"

"Fine" He says and gives her a 20 dollars bill and she gets out of the car "And don't forget-"

"Your Kit-Kat! I know!" She completed his sentence and walked into the store. Her eyes immediately floating towards the slush machines. But no one was in there. She sighed deeply and headed to grab Stephan's snacks "Of course he isn't here... Gosh, how could I even believe that dream was for real? Damn it, I-" The door opened and her heart skipped a beat as she looked towards it. But it was just some random girl.

Frances groaned and headed back to her mission. She grabbed everything she did the last time but couldn't leave without taking a cup of slush for both her and Stephan.

"He used to love this trash..." She thought with a sad smile forming on her face. She reprimanded herself for that and made it disappear.

She plopped her stuff in the balcony, looking down at her slush, as the cashier scanned every item "$16,22"

Frances almost dropped the cup as she heard that voice. She looked up and was then thay she met his eyes. It was actually him. She giggled at herself "Oh, no way"

"Oh, hey there random girl I saved early today!" He greets her with a silly smile, only noticing now it was her.

Frances' smile grew a bit as she replied "Hey there mysterious dude who fought for me today and ran away before I could even say thank you~"

"Well, you're welcome" He replied with that same old dork smile. She thought he looked more adorable than ever now.

"And still I can't remember of seeing you around school..." She says in a teasing way.

"Almost no one notices me, trust me. I moved to town a few months ago and still have no friends. Just this boring as hell part-job" He says and Frances chuckles.

"Yea, I know how it's like" She says leaning against the balcony and stares at the drink in her hand.

"The new Republican Doll is telling me that know how its like to be invisible?" He says raising an eyebrow and leaning closer over the other side of the balcony "I doubt it"

"Ex-Republican Doll" She corrects him.

"You quit?" He asked confused.

"Yup! I got my manumission!" She stated and he laughed. She handed him the bill and he typed a few keys in the cashier "Hey... You know what? There's this party I'm heading right now and I would really, really, like if you joined me"