X

Lunchtime came by and Frances sat with Susan and Theodosia. It was the first day they saw Theo actually eat a meal "Wow, watch it, Theo. You might be actually digesting food there" Frances teased and Theo giggled as she rolled her eyes.

Susan said in a worried tone "Yea Theo, aren't you feeling sick after this amount of food? You always use to say how-"

"Shut up" The other girl replied with the mouth full of food and Susan shushed, looking down at her plate after that and kept on playing with her food "Also" Theo continued as she swallowed her food "What happened to you on Saturday's party? You disappeared!"

Susan blushed and Frances raised an eyebrow at her "I-I just found a cute boy to hang out that night. That's all" She said softly sipping her diet Coke.

"Ooh, and do we know him?" Frances asked curiously as she sat closer to Susan.

"Kinda yes?" The girl answered looking embarrassed at the can in her hands.

"Did you sleep with him?" Theo asked in a loud whisper with a smirk on her face as she also got closer to Susan.

"Ahm... I-"

"SHE DID!" Theo shouts and Frances slaps her arm slightly as both of them giggle "Who's the guy?"

"He's from our school as well, right?" Frances asked.

"From the soccer team?"

"Is he a senior?"

"If he was in that party he must be popular... Come on Sus spill it out!" Theo said impatiently with curiosity expelling out.

Susan looked away from the girls as she murmured "Stephan..." Frances and Theodosia exchanged a confused look once neither of them listened to the name "What?" They asked in unison. Susan sighed and said a bit louder "Stephan" They stood in silence as Susan looked at her shocked friends "Come on guys say something!"

"You mean, Stephan. As in Stephan my twin brother?" Frances asked confused.

"Yeah" Susan replied with a worried expression thinking in how Frances would react. But would never expect what she did next. Frances popped a wide smile before hugging her "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! You guys look so cute together! You know, I gotta tell you, he has a crush on you since like... 5th grade or so?"

As Susan also grew a smile at her friend and was about to say something, Theodosia interrupts her "What in hell?!" Susan's smile faded as Frances rolled her eyes "What's your damage?! You can't date him!"

"And why not?" Frances asked crossing her arms.

"He's in the bottom of the social hierarchy in Washington High, he's gonna blow Susan's reputation, and if you doubt, ours as well! Mary just died guys! We have to reestablish our positions and not throw it all away just because Susan got a one-night thing with the most nerd in school! Same for you Frances, what are you thinking in hanging around with Alfred Lee? That guy is a psycho!"

"Why everyone says that?! He's not! You don't even know him!"

"Just look at the guy!" Theo replies and started to count on her fingers "Has no friends, too observant, use that horrible black jacket every day and moved away more times than I change clothes, imagine how many murders he did in those places!"

"You know what you can do with your opinion, Theo? You can put it in your-"

Frances felt a hand in her shoulder and she turned around to look at a kid she never saw before "Hey, ahm... Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry about your friend. I thought she was the usual airheaded bitch but guess I was wrong" The girl walked away as she added "We all were!"

The freckled girl then stood up snorting as Theodosia shouted also standing up "Frances, come back here right now!"

"Or what?!" Frances shouted back as she exited the cafeteria.

She was done with Theodosia's shit and that amount of people mourning Mary's death but there was no escape, everyone who passed by her would give their condolences.

"Her world seemed like a perfect place... But now I understand why she acted like that"

"I never knew about her pain! Her life had been a rocky path..."

"Mary was actually sweet inside, I feel bad for had called her a slut now"

"I remember when once she punched me in the face. It was awesome"

Frances made to the outside and kicked a tree before sitting under it and let the angry tears she was holding fall down as she hugged her knees.

"Why did I have to write such a great note? Now Mary is the good girl in the story?" She murmured.

"Actually yes, hun! I wouldn't do a better job myself! I'm bigger than Mandela now! Haven't heard the news? I'M EVEN ON BUZZFEED!"

"SHUT UP!" Frances shouted.

...

The funeral came by that afternoon and Frances sat with Theodosia and Susan again. The tiny girl was silently crying between the other two as Theo stood with a straight face the whole time and Frances feeling the urge to run away. The priest gave his speech and as soon as he finished it, one by one of Mary's closest friends went close to her casket to give their condolences.

Susan walked there first. She was so scared and couldn't stop crying as she prayed for God to give her strength to handle with it; she thought that wouldn't be able to do it alone. "Please send Mary to heaven, God. I ask forgiveness for all her sins... She had it rough and I wasn't aware of it... I didn't even notice... What kind of a friend am I...?"

Theodosia went next. She tried her best to hide a satisfaction smile in her face. "I prayed for Mary's death so many times... And each time I felt bad doing it but kept going either way. Now I know you understood everything. Praised Jesus. Alleluia!"

Then it was Frances time. She knelt down and bit her lip. "I just wanted my high school years to be nice and smooth... I never meant this to happen... Of course, I've thought in a world without Mary, but killing her? God, I feel so horrible right now... But... Not as bad as I think I should be..."

"Oh, who are you trying to impress, Frances? Of course you did want to kill me! Where do you think your psycho boy toy got the idea from?!"

"Did not" She whispers back at the voice.

"You can't lie to me. I know you better than yourself do now. I molded you"

"Shut up" Frances replies with the jaw locked and eyes tightly closed.

"OR WHAT?! You're gonna kill me?!" The voice teased sarcastically and started to laugh as Frances stood up and ran out of the church on the verge of tears.