08

the hour of the dungeon raid came before everyone knew it. the small group of three had been placed on taking care of the ruin kobold sentinels. "easy. this is too easy. it's like grinding for exp in an rpg." nobuko said, a bit annoyed as she took the sentinels out in three cuts of her sword. 

"maybe don't brag?" asuna said, her voice holding annoyance. 'i wouldn't talk, miss "i don't know how to play games".'  nobuko thought, shaking her head as kirito threw a look to her. "play nice, idiot." he mumbled, causing the other girl to sigh.

"you look like you're having trouble there asuna, how about try aiming at their necks?" she offered, rolling her eyes. "i don't need your help." asuna said, but had ended up attacking the sentinel's necks like she was told. nobuko had a smug look, causing asuna to scoff and turn away. 

"hmph.. that's the last time i'm helping her out." nobuko grumbled as the group had moved to the boss of the floor. 

••

"so what is she seeing right now?" kazuto asked the doctor as she tapped a few buttons on the screen connecting the headgear to nobuko. "currently? you and a few others." she said, assuring kazuto that everything was going okay. "i'm hoping by the time that the events going on in there are finished, she'll wake up." the doctor said, patting kazuto's back.

"thank you.." he muttered before the doctor had ended up leaving. "jeez... you sure like taking your sweet time, huh? and you say that i'm the one who's always late..." kazuto said with an eye roll, leaning his arms on nobuko's bed. "come back quickly, okay?" 

••

"you were a beta tester! you knew yet you didn't say anything! you let him die, you cheater!" a random player accused. "hah?!" nobuko exclaimed, ready to draw her sword at anyone who was willing to attack the only other person she knew from the real world. "you're right. i did hold that information. after all, i'm a beta tester." kirito said, opening the chest he got from getting the last hit on the boss.

kirito walked away and nobuko threw one last glare to the group that they just helped and ran after her friend. "of course you'd pull that card. you did that so no one would get mad at anyone else, didn't you?" she asked as they walked out. kirito let out a sigh. "yeah, kinda." he responded, scratching his cheek. "reckless as always. are we headed back then?" nobuko asked.

just as they were about to open the 2nd floor, asuna had arrived to thank nobuko and kirito. "its fine. maybe we'll see you out there." nobuko said. "join a guild and polish yourself up, alright?" kirito said, only turning his head. "he's just trying to be cool." nobuko said, rolling her eyes.

"then. 'til we meet again."

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

published: 101914
edited: 031521