05

nobuko scratched her head as she looked at the announcement board in the middle of the plaza. "none of these guilds sound promising...." she mumbled, as her eyebrows scrunched together.

kirito chuckled and placed a hand on one of the girls' shoulders. "why don't you take a little break? you've been glaring at the board for a couple of hours now." he said, tugging the brunette with him.

"let's go find a boss first. i wanna at least polish up on my swordsmanship." nobuko said, tugging kirito back to make him stop and sigh with a small smile. "alright. a low-level one just to rack up some exp."

••

the pair had reached a dungeon and began clearing some of the mob spawns there until they had gotten to the 19th floor where a hooded player was fighting with a ruin kobold trooper.

nobuko raised an eyebrow and narrowed her eyes to get a closer look at the hooded player. they weilded a rapier, good for fencing, but she noticed that the player was not that proficient in their sword skills.

kirito and nobuko watched as the hooded player finally killed off the trooper, despite nearly getting killed themselves. "apologies for being super blunt, but your sword skills were not very efficient." nobuko said.

the hooded player lightly flinched upon hearing her voice. "well, i've never been sword trained before." kirito's eyes widened just a twinge when he realized the hooded player was actually a girl.

"you and your equipment look... kind of rough..." nobuko muttered. "well, i'm certainly fine on my own." the girl said and spun on her heel to walk away.

she started falling, and nobuko quickly rushed to her side to catch her. "jeez... players like this annoy me..." she mumbled as kirito helped her carry the girl out of the dungeon as more mobs spawned.

••

they gently laid the hooded player down under a tree and nobuko used a healing crystal and a potion on her. "jeez, reckless girl." she said with a little chuckle. "hm, reminds me of someone." kirito said.

"shut it, you." nobuko said, hitting kirito atop the head. as the two bickered like a married couple for several hours, the hooded girl awoke, catching their attention. "ah, you're awake." kirito said.

"where are we?" the girl asked. "we're a little ways away from the labyrinth. we moved you to a peaceful area so nothing would injure you further." nobuko answered, a playful glint in her violet eyes.

"i'm going back." the hooded girl said. "hang on now, nobuko just healed you, and your sword skills were barely enough to take care of that trooper." kirito said.

"why don't you go to the first floor boss strategy meeting in tolbana? i'm sure you want to beat the game just as much as we do, but you shouldn't die pointlessly." nobuko said with a light scoff.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

published: 11??14
edited: 042420