Doce

Doce

Gerica Grace Gavilan? Like the Gerica that was Xander's ex?

"It was nice seeing you again, Xander. And nice to finally meet you, Ms. Lee."

I looked at Xander. And he, too, was shocked at his mother's guest. Para kaming binuhusan ng tubig.

"What a lovely young woman." my mom suddenly commented

"Thank you po." she replied politely.

"You're a Filipina?" mom asked

"Her mother is a Filipina, Zan. Her mother is Elena." Mama lou

"Elena? As in Elena Cartell?"

"Opo."

"You know, your mother and I were colleagues back then." my mom said

"Oh really po tita?" she said while sitting on a single seater couch across us. "That's why your name was so familiar when tita lou told me the bride's mom's name."

Hmmm...

Gerica looked at me.

"It's really nice to meet you, ayumi." she smiled sweetly

"The pleasure's mine." i replied smiling at her

We stared at each other for a long time. Until someone spoke.

"So, umm what food would you offer tomorrow?" Xander asked

"As what i told tita lou, I think it would be much better if the foods are Korean Cuisine, Italian Cuisine and Filipino Cuisine. What do you guys think? I mean i think it's a brilliant idea since ayumi is Half Filipino and Half Korean and you alex is Half Italian and Half Filipino."

It's a great idea naman. She really put an effort to think about it.

"Yeah, sure..." I said

"I already thought about what dishes to serve, umm, do you wanna know?" she asked

"I think it's much better to keep it to yourself, dear. Surprise us." my mom said

"Sure po, tita. I'll surprise all of you." sabi niya kay mama

But the last thing she said made me shiver. It's like she means something more.

"So who's the organizer?"

"Well, Grace here recommended her friend Raissa Mirell Orpilla."

"Yes, and Mirell is currently organizing the venue for tomorrow. Tita lou and I thought that it will be Euphoric if the Theme of the wedding is Gold and White."

"Yeah, nice." the only thing i could say.

Ba't parang siya nalang sa lahat? Ba't parang siya ang ikakasal? Hindi naman sa pagiging jealous or paranoid or whatsoever pero i really feel useless sa sariling kasal ko.

"Wow, I'm surprised of your ideas, Garce." dad said like she was sooo great. Tsk.

"Thanks po."

"Ahh, i think the only thing i need to think about is what we will wear---"

"Yeah about that, Tita lou and I already designed the gowns for the Bridesmaid and flower girls. Umm, here..." she handed me a magazine "Pick your wedding dress."

My mom coughed suddenly and sipped her coffee, she looked at me like she was trying to say something.

I guess were thinking the same thing.

After the planning, if it was planning since it was all finished and organized by Gerica. As if she was the bride. We ate lunch and our parents decided to check the hotel for tomorrow. Fortunately, they brought Gerica with them.