"What did you say after you told me Taiven was here?" I asked her.

            "I said that Adara only wants power over the kingdom, so she could bring it down into the deep. So we could fall." She answered, sounding rather sad.

            I swallowed. "And hum, what happens if the kingdom falls?" Now I was whispering, because I was scarred.

            Another moment of silence, but the princess eventually answered; her voice cutting through the water as if it were a knife. "We all die."

            Oh damn, I thought, this is bad. I would like to think that this is my entire fault, only it's not. But that didn't mean that I didn't want to help make things better. But what could I do? Noth—no wait! I can do something.

            "Majesty" I said to the king in a whisper. "Can you wake up your son please?"

            "It would not hurt to try again." He responded swimming to Taiven's side.

            He shook his son's arm, it took a good five minutes, but eventually my boyfriend's eyes fluttered open. We all quickly filled him in on what was going on, and when that was done, I laid on my plan. The king didn't really appreciate it, but even he had to admit that this was probably the best way not to lose the kingdom.

            "Are you sure about this?" Taiven asked me grabbing my hand from his side of the cell.

            I nodded. "I would have said yes sooner or later anyway." I replied with a smile. "Besides, this seems like a pretty good way to help; makes us both happy despite the situation."

            I grabbed his hand tighter as I heard his father clear his throat. "Alright, we must do this quickly before Taiven gets summoned to his wedding." The king took a deep breath. "Normally, it is supposed to last much longer, but I believe that in this case, the basics will do just fine." He cleared his throat again, and finally started. "Prince Taiven Jr. the 5th do you solemnly swear to watch over the kingdom no matter how difficult it may one day become?"

            "I swear" Taiven answered looking at me right in the eyes. God, I can't believe I was doing this.

            "Do you promise to keep our enemies and fight if ever the time comes?"

            "I promise."

            "Will you keep watch over the kingdom, and protect them from falling into the deep?"

            "I will."

            "Tarabelle Johansson the 1st, do you solemnly swear to watch over the kingdom with or without him, despite the difficulty that may be presented to you."

            "I swear" My voice shook.

            "Do you promise to be faithful to Taiven during his time of need?"

            "I promise."

            "Will you keep watch over the kingdom and over him, and protect both from harm."

            "I will"

            "Prince Taiven do you take Tarabelle to be your friend, wife, queen, and mother of your future children?" Kids? No one said anything about kids!

            "I do." Taiven responded, clearly not too pleased about the kid thing either.

            "Tarabelle, do you accept the conditions, the obligations, and the responsibilities of being queen of the upper kingdom?"  

            "I accept." There's no backing away now.

            "And so, do you take Taiven to be your friend, husband, king, and father of your future children?" Not father, but I'm cool with everything else.

            "I do."

            "Than, I now pronounce you king and qu—"

            "Goron! Bring the prince up; it's time for the wedding!" A voice far up shouted.

            "Kiss her!" Cyri immediately exclaimed, not even bothering to whisper anymore.

            It was hard, but we did mange to brush our lips together despite the bars. Apparently that had been enough, because I immediately felt stronger, more powerful, and as a plus, I could also feel everything that Taiven was feeling. The water suddenly seemed less dark, and much more clearer and warmer. This was good. This was very good. Now if someone could just show up with some damn food it would be even better!

            Goron came to the cell beside us to get Taiven—my husband—and his father. As they swam off, Taiven and I shared a smug look, which was both triumphed and full of love.

            "Alright" I turned around, to look at Cyri and Breena. "Time to come up with a plan to get us the fuck outta here." 

Yes, this all really just happened xD. Two more chapters to go and then this book is over and done with...until the sequel.

- NocteLamia101

Enjoying my work so far? I encourage you to check out my other stories such as The Way to Neverland: A Peter Pan Story and The Walkers Saga! Available on my profile!