Version 3 Chapter 25

Start from the beginning

You turned to glance now at the window where Roxas was. He seemed to be staring at the girl, listlessness in his blue eyes. He glanced up and his eyes met yours. He sent you the smallest of smiles and nodded his head.

Your eyes were back on the girl now. She still hadn't moved a single inch. You glanced back towards Howl, wondering if he was going to at least say something and help clear up your confusion.  Or he could pull a dick move like Caius and leave you questioning life for a few more hours.

Howl strode over to where the girl was laying, pushing her hair out of her face while she slept. "If you're wondering what we know about her, it isn't much." His fingers lingered on the bruise, and he muttered a quiet spell under his breath- the angry red color returned to normal in just a few seconds. "She was being kept under Middangeard and was being used by Deorcyness for who knows what reason. She probably doesn't even know why she was there honestly." He pulled the blanket up to her neck before he stepped back and turned to face you.

Now why would they get involved with a girl that they didn't even know? They aren't heroic enough that they'd go around saving every damsel in distress... Wait. Who would even know about the girl below Middangeard anyways? One person comes to mind...  

"Don't tell me Caius is involved in this," you blurted out. You didn't actually expect to get a straight answer from Howl.

"Just a little." But unfortunately you got your answer.

"I don't get it. Why do you listen to Caius without knowing what's going on?" You let out a soft sigh. Caius always seemed to be in a realm that was ten steps ahead of everyone else.

"Because we have the same goal," the other male spoke up in a soft voice.

Your eyes glanced over at him, raising a brow as you tried to piece everything together. "And what would that be?"

"It's a little soon to be asking about deep personal questions, don't you think?" The man mocked slightly. "One day (Name), it'll all make sense."

"How do you know my name?"

"You seem to know a lot of things that you shouldn't," Roxas said, his glare positively icy as it bore into the blond man. "And you should start explaining."

"Hmm? I was simply filled in on the situation by Caius and Merlin."

"The purple man and the old man!" The bunny sang. Well, it's definitely talking about the same two I'm thinking of...

"Wait, when did you see Merlin? How did he know about this?" You couldn't help but frown slightly. Even if you hadn't spent that much time with Merlin, he was supposed to be your mentor. Wasn't he supposed to guide you and help you figure things out?

"I can't really say how long it's been since I saw him. Mokona tends to ignore the boundaries of time whenever it jumps."

"That's right- puu!" The light glinted off the red gem right between the bunny's eyes.

"You can jump across space and time?"

"Mhm!"

"My life keeps getting weirder and weirder," you said as you leaned against a wall.

"Tell me about it." Roxas ran his fingers through his hair, sweeping his blond hair back. You smiled slightly at his exasperated 'what-the-hell-is-going-on' tone, there was just something reassuring about knowing that you weren't the only person that was lost here.

You closed your eyes for a second and let out a deep breath. Ok, one step at a time (Name). Things'll be alright. You opened your eyes and glanced between Howl and the other male (whose name you still didn't know).