18

I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep, yet it was very late. Sam and the girls weren't home, and Noah was sleeping. I grabbed my phone to check the time, 2 am. Sighing, I set the phone back down and continued my staring contest with the ceiling.

"Where the hell were you?!" The door burst open as the lights suddenly switched on. I sat up, seeing Sam with eyebrows furrowed, anger in his hazel eyes and fist clenched tightly onto the door handle.

Feeling belittled, I replied. 

"I wasn't feeling well."

"So, you're saying you and Noah weren't feeling very well?" He took a step inside and closed the door behind him. I rubbed my eyes.

"I wasn't feeling too well... and Noah took me home." 

"Right, right." He rolled his eyes. Sam's expression softened as he walked closer to the bed and took a deep sigh. "I'm sorry. That was insensitive of me.. I was really worried about you, and when I asked Scarlet where you had gone, she told me she saw you leaving with him. I didn't know how else to react..."

"No.. it's alright." I sighed.

"Now tell me, are you really not feeling well, or is something wrong?" The boy slightly tilted his head at me as he kneeled down on the floor to meet my eyes. Shyly, I looked away.

Should I keep my feelings inside, or tell him what's wrong? 

"Everything's fine.. maybe it's just, the distance made us grow apart.. maybe I'm overreacting because we hadn't been dating that much.." I murmured. 

"Hey, it's okay to feel that way. We had things to worry about and prepare for, so it's normal to not have much time for each other. Luckily, our paths crossed and now, we're going to college together and even sharing an apartment. We just need time." he smiled at me.

"Maybe you're right." I smile back. 

"Are you going to bed now?" he asked as shuffled into another sitting position.

"I missed you." My heart was rapidly beating as I waited for a reaction. That sweet smile sitting on his freckled face remained wide at the sound of my words. Slowly, he gets up, and cups my cheek. He bends down and leans in, only to press his lips against mine.

I felt him smile into it, and slowly pull away. His nose was slightly brushing mine as I was lost in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Missed you too, darling." he whispered. "Are you going to bed now?"

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Half past 2." 

"Oh. Maybe I should go to bed." I sit up. Sam lets go of my cheek, and smiles at me.

"Sleep well, (Y/N)." he turned around.

"Wait." I interrupt his movement, and watch him turn back. "D-Do y-you want t-to c-cuddle?"

Sam smiled at my shyness, and nodded.

"I'll go get ready for bed first." he said before leaving the room. I sigh in relief, and watch him turn the lights off. 

I'm sorry for not updating. I was busy for personal reasons, and sorry it's not that long. I want to thank you all for over 4k reads, but seriously, how can y'all read this XD To me, I'm not a fan of this story. Thank you for your love, I'll try to update more regularly, but I can't make any promises! Stay safe!