Chapter 30: I promise you

(Please play the song before reading this chapter... Thank you♡)

Luke's POV

Habang naglalakad siya sa aisle with her parents, we were only looking at each other. Hindi ko na napigilan at naiyak na ako. She's so beautiful, smart, kind, understanding, also annoying, and very bossy. But I love her, I don't know what I did to deserve such a woman. Ano bang nagustuhan niya sakin para mahalin niya ako? Nag-mano ako sa mama at papa niya, "Take care of my daughter." her father whispered to me. I smiled and nodded, and then he put Hazel's hand on mine.

Naramdaman ko yung panginginig ng kamay niya, she's just as nervous as I am. We faced the priest and held each other's hand. I love this woman beside me, Lord. And I will do everything to protect her, and make her happy.
And then we have to exchange our vows now...

"Hazel Winter Dela Cruz, 20 years ago, when we first met, I never thought that you would be the one I will want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you. I can't promise you that dark clouds will never hover over our lives or that the future will bring us many rainbows. I can't promise you that tomorrow will be perfect or that life will be easy on us. But I can promise you my everlasting devotion,my loyalty, my respect,and my unconditional love for a lifetime. I promise you that I will always be here for you, to listen and to hold your hand, and I'll always do my best to make you happy, and make you feel loved. I promise to be by your side and never let go even when the world is about to fall apart. I promise you my heart, my soul, and my everything."

Hazel's POV

I wipe my tears as I listen to Luke's vows. I'm so nervous but I will face every fear as long as I'm with you.

"Luke, life will always be hard, challenges will come, problems will pile up. But I want to face all hardships with you by my side. I know that I am always scared or afraid but I will face every fear as long as I'm with you. When everything is falling apart, I promise to hold everything together, and when there are arguments or misunderstandings, I know and I trust you enough not to need an explanation. I promise you that when God tests our patience and love for each other, I will pass every test for you. I promise you with all that I am and all that I will ever be."

Third Person's POV

Pagkatapos nilang ilagay sa isa't-isa ang wedding rings, at ng pag-sasabi ng "I do", at ng lahat ng boring parts ng kasal. "I, now, pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." the priest said. Luke was about to remove Hazel's veil, biglang may dumating na lalaki, "Sir, hindi nga po kayo pwede dito." pigil sa kanya ng mga guards. Napatingin ang lahat sa kanya, kasama na sila Luke at Hazel.

"Harvey?" tanong niya.