Chapter 17: Luke's POV

Luke's POV

Ever since that night, I haven't been myself. I have been cold to everyone at the office. I wouldn't answer Naomi's calls as well.

Hazel is the one in my mind everytime. And the fact that I love her so much but I couldn't choose her was heartbreaking.

I feel so stupid for not choosing her. I don't what came to mind for me to be speechless after she made me choose.

Maybe she was right, I wasn't sure of what I feel yet. But now I regret that, if only I could go back there, I would choose her and tell her how much I love her.

I don't have the guts or even the right to call her, text her, or go to her apartment. "Sir, these are the papers that you need to read and sign." sabi ni Ethan.

"Sir, you should really just stay at home if you're just not going to focus." paliwanag niya. "Sorry, Ethan." I said.

"Don't apologize, Sir. Let's make deal where you and I will both be getting something in return." sabi niya. "What is it?" tanong ko naman.

"If you finish everything you have to do before I can print every documents I need to submit to you, you can go on a vacation wherever you want." paliwanag niya.

Napaisip ako, this is actually a great deal. I shook his hand and we started to do our work.

(After 30 minutes)

"Ethan, aren't you finished yet?" sabi ko sa kanya habang tinitignan siyang i-print all 95 sheets of documents.

We both laughed, "So you finished everything, where do you want to go?" tanong niya. Oo nga no, now that I think about it, where do I want to go?

Siguro somewhere where I can take my mind off of her and all the stress. "I recommend Palawan, since that's where you wanted to go ever since we were young." paliwanag niya.

Oo nga pala, before Ethan became my secretary, we were best friends. He's our driver's son, and I still remember that I wanted a brother so badly that on my 10th birthday, I told my parents if Ethan could be my brother, and they told me that i would be possible.

And since then, we were always together. I didn't want him to go far away to find a job so I didn't continue my dream of becoming a pilot.

Instead, I accepted my parents' offer in inheriting our business, and I decided to make Ethan my secretary.

**
"Ethan, can you do me a favor?"tanong ko. "Yes, sir." sagot niya. Ever since that night with Hazel I realized that Naomi was very cautious everytime I would visit her at the hospital, its as if she's hiding something from me.

"Find out evrything about Naomi and her condition." sabi ko.

**
(After 3 days)

"Ethan, ok na ba ang lahat?" tanong ko. "Yes, sir. Ako na pong bahala dito sa office." sagot niya.

(After 1 hr and 30 minutes)

"Welcome to Puerto Princesa, Mr. Clarke." I smiled back and went my way to the car. Binigay ko na yung luggage ko kay manong, and went inside of the car.

One week vacation pala ako dito sa Palawan, let's just have some fun and take my mind off of Hazel for a week.