❥Chapter 47

"Oh no

"Oh no." Rick muttered under his breath. I lifted my aching head off of Carl's chest to see what was wrong. "We've been riding red for the past hour."

I swallowed and looked out the window. We had been driving all day trying to find a place to stay. The sun was going to set soon and that meant it would be even colder.

Daryl had given me his jacket, but it wasn't really enough. Carl and I had practically been sitting on top of each other in order to keep warmth. Rick signaled for the others to stop for us to make sure we wouldn't be left behind. We piled out into the cold.

"You out?" Daryl called out to us. I stayed close to Carl as we grouped up.

Rick kept his hand on his gun as he made his way over to the other. "Running on fumes."

"We can't stay here." Maggie voiced everyone's thoughts as we stood there, looking to Rick for answers. I could see the same stressed look in his eyes from the time the CDC had blown up.

"We can't all fit in one car." Glenn proceeded to say, holding his gun close. I pulled Daryl's jacket closer to me as I shivered from the wind.

"We'll have to make a run for some gas in the morning." Rick stated, wrapping his mind on what to do.

Carol spoke up, "Spend the night here?"

Carl and I both voiced how cold we were. Lori took Rick's jacket and wrapped it around Carl a little more to keep him warm. It looked funny on him because he was so small that the sleeves were longer than his arms.

"We'll build a fire, yeah?" Lori suggested, rubbing our arms to warm us up.

"You go out looking for firewood, stay close." Daryl instructed, "Only got so many arrows. How you doing on ammo?"

"Not enough." Rick stated, looking around. Lori pulled her gun out and checked to see how much ammo she had.

"We can't just sit here with our asses hanging out." Maggie cussed. She was quickly told by her father, who also instructed everyone to listen to Rick, to watch her mouth.

"All right, we'll set up a perimeter. In the morning, we'll find gas and some supplies. We'll keep pushing on." Rick instructed, pointing to an area that was was surrounded by brick walls, but was open.

"Glenn and I can go make a run now, try and scrounge up some gas." Maggie suggested.

"No, we stay together. God forbid something happens and people get stranded without a car." Rick spoke harshly.

Glenn spoke with a calm voice, looking at the person who was leading us. "Rick, we're stranded now."

"I know it looks bad, we've all been through hell and worse, but at least we found each other. I wasn't sure I really wasn't but we did. We're together. We keep it that way. We'll find shelter somewhere. There's gotta be a place." Rick insisted. Usually I would jump aboard the hope train, but mine has been diminished when the farm went up in flames with dead bodies walking everywhere.