❥Chapter 24

Emily's POV

Emily's POV

"This will be the last time you see me for a while, Em."

"I'm not out there, Emily. I'm not in the woods."

"I'll be here again when you sing. You never got to sing for me."

Sophia...

꧁꧂

I opened my eyes to see pitch black. Crickets were chirping outside and I could tell that it was night and I was back in the guest bedroom I had awoken in when I first got to the Greene house.

What happened?

My head started pounding as I slowly reached my hand up to my forehead and closed my eyes again.

I feel like someone knocked me over the head with a metal bat. What was that all about?

I recalled finally telling Rick everything from my past including my mother's friendship with Daryl.

Rick..

He looked at me with an emotion I've never experienced before. Sympathy. His crystal eyes expressed his sympathy and sadness. He didn't know what it was like until now. He had only known a few portions of it.

"I'm glad to see you're awake, Emmy Bird. I was so worried that you wouldn't wake up " I heard a sweet country accent remarked.

I opened my eyes again to see Beth sitting at my bedside with a book in hand. My Harry Potter book to be exact.

"Beth." I stated, sitting up and throwing my legs over the side of the bed.

"That's me, but take it easy. Daddy said you shouldn't be doing too much." She informed, putting my book to the side and helping me to my feet.

"Where's Maggie?" I asked, groggily. It was no secret that I had grown close to the older of the Greene sisters. I felt peaceful and safe with her.

"She's downstairs helping Patricia sow up one of the men from your group's arm." She answered, leading me to the door.

"My group is here?!" I exclaimed, excitement filling my bones and taking over my tired body.

"Not all of them. Two men just arrived, and Maggie brought Mr Grimes's wife here earlier." She answered, trying to calm me down. As we reached the hallway, I decided to try to walk on my own. Beth followed me as I walked to the stairs.