Chapter Twelve - Uncovered

Start from the beginning

"We're here ma'am."

"Send her in." I recognized Morgan's voice in an instant. One of the agents opened the door and pushed my back gently. The room was dimly let. Morgan sat at a desk, typing at a computer, she stopped as I walked in and looked at me.

"You were almost taken by the very people we're attempting to bring down. They know you're close to Noah. I know you said no, and normally I'd leave it there, but Olivia, I'm afraid the fate of this whole operation might just lie on your shoulders."

Morgan's voice was dripping with concern.

"We've been given word that the syndicate has plans to make a shipment today. If we don't intervene, well I hate to think of what will happen."

Shipment? Her tone of voice led me to believe she was talking about people or weapons. Either one being trafficked was terrifying to say the least.

"People or weapons?" I asked softly.

Morgan raised her eyebrows and nodded. "People, women specifically."

I closed my eyes and sucked in a breath, there was no way I could ignore this now, not when there were other lives on the line. Not when I could do something to end this.

"Where's Noah?" I asked.

"At the compound. He thinks you've been moved to the safe house, if he knew you had been taken, if he knew I was here talking to you now... asking this of you... well I'm afraid he'd go AWOL just to protect you."

I nodded, agreeing with her. "What do you need me to do."

"We need you to be re-caught by the henchmen. Only this time you'll have a wire and a bunch of small bugs that we'll need you to place throughout their HQ. if you say the code word we'll zero in on your location and get you out. We need to get the evidence that Seb wasn't able to get the first time and now is the time to strike."

I nodded slowly, taking in what she was saying. I'd told Seb that I'd never felt more alive, that maybe I wanted to taste the spy life, and now she was handing it to me on a platter.

"There is danger absolutely. But Olivia, if we don't end this now, hundreds of women will lose their freedom and maybe even their lives."

She hadn't needed to drill it in to me, my mind was made up. The risk was worth the danger. In that moment, if I'd had to choose between seeing my mother again and helping to end such a travesty there was no contest. My personal turmoil was not worth the lives of other people.

"I'm in." I offered. "Wire me up and set me free."

Morgan nodded towards the door and the agents from earlier walked in. Morgan told them to wire me up and drop me back off in town. Within half an hour I was back on the street I'd jumped out of the van. I tried to look like I wanted to stay hidden by hunching over on a park bench. Before too long felt someone sit beside me, too close, digging something hard into my ribcage.

"Thought you'd get away did ya." A man laughed. "Get up or I'll paint this bench with your intestines."

I pretended to cower, though I knew I was probably safe right now. These guys needed me alive, at least for now. They'd gone after Seb, they were trying to fish him out and as soon as he had word I was in their clutches he'd come. Two birds, one stone.

I stood up and walked with the man toward the same van I'd leapt from. The henchman had obviously been running on foot searching for me, he smelt of sweat and B.O. I held my breath to avoid the stench and welcomed the back of the van.

At least I didn't have to sit next to his smell.

"Thought you'd be clever did you." The girl snarled as I was pushed into the seat. "You've caused me a massive headache. My father was expecting us far earlier."

"Where are you taking me?"

The girl laughed and looked back at me. She was very pretty, with blue eyes and golden hair she looked me up and down then looked back at the road before taking off.

"Your boyfriend isn't who he says he is." She snarled. "He's despicable and horrible and he needs to pay for what he did... he needs to pay for how he treated...." The woman paused and shook her head, breathing out slowly to steady her breath. "I bet he didn't tell you about us... about our love."

I went to correct her, but realized it was better she thought we were only an item that we began and ended at the two of us.

"No." I replied. "He didn't. Why you don't you."

She laughed and sped down the freeway. "Sucker for punishment isn't she."

The other henchman laughed in agreement. Before picking up a cellphone and grunting at the woman.

"Story time will have to wait." she muttered. "Let him know we'll be there in five."

Another five minutes past and we turned into a port driveway. The van went underground and then finally stopped. The male henchman got out first and opened the back of the van. He pulled me out of the van and followed behind the woman until we were inside a bunker.

"So this is her." A gruff italian accent called out. "You two bozo's let this little girl escape. She looks like she wouldn't hurt a fly."

"She's probably one of them." The woman exclaimed dryly.

"One of what?" I replied. "All I know is that my boyfriend isn't who I thought he was and I needed to go into witness protection."

"See, she's harmless." the man said eyeing up the woman. "See it all the time in this line of work Kelly. You women all react the same when scared, try to run and usually fail."

I bit the inside of my mouth to hold back the scowl. I looked at Kelly and wondered if she really bought his bullshit. She nodded and looked down at the ground, like she was ashamed.

"So little girl." the man asked walking to me. "You boyfriend has put you in a precarious position you realise. I don't take well to being duped and he duped not only me, but my daughter Kelly... and there needs to be some kind of.... Retribution."

"Retribution?" I asked. "Was burning down my home not enough?"

"He cost me millions. I missed an entire shipment because of him, but this is not about money little girl. It's about settling a score and respect. He fucked with my life, I'm going to fuck with his. As soon as he knows your here he'll move heaven and hell to get to you. But it'll be too late. You'll be halfway to nowhere."

"I think you overestimate the relationship he and I have." I whispered, hoping to appeal to his inner humanity. "It's purely physical. No feelings." I lied.

Kelly scoffed and walked towards me. "Thats a big bunch of bullshit baby. Daddy, can I please take her down to the cells."

He dad nodded. "We'd better get the boat loaded straight after, we're already half an hour behind schedule."

"On to it." Kelly grabbed my arms and handcuffed them in front of me. She pulled on them and started to walk down a corridor.

"Am I going to be traded as a sex slave too?" I asked, aware of the microphone on my bra. I'd managed to play dumb enough that they hadn't thought to search me, though the devices were so small they weren't even visible.

"Unlikely." Kelly cackled. "Daddy doesn't like loose ends, you'll probably be killed, but not until your lover boy Noah shows up."

Then it hit me, I was bait, and both sides knew it. I wasn't here to collect intel, I hadn't even been trained. I wasn't a spy, Noah was. I closed my eyes and looked at the woman Noah had pretended to love. She was beautiful, but behind her beauty she was cold and calculating. A pretty face didn't mean she wasn't evil, just like my 'innocence' didn't mean I wasn't dangerous.

I wasn't bait, and I was about to prove it.

A/N - I know its been a while, I'm trying to get my oomph back.. I will I promise!!