Chapter Nine - Unforgettable

Quicker than anything Noah was in front of me, close to me. He lifted my chin up until our eyes met. Even with the brown contacts on I could see the sadness in his gaze. He bit his lip and pulled in to him, For a moment I felt safe.

"We're going to be fine. You're a natural Vi. The way you thought on your feet at the motel. That's the kind of stuff they can't teach you in this line of work, you've either got it or you don't."

Noah released me slightly. "And you have it."

"Really?"

"As much as it pains me to admit it..." He stopped. "Come on. We really need to check in."

Noah let one of his hands drop to mine. He took his a case out of the back of the car and we began walking across the carpark. Once we were inside the airport lobby, My eyes surfed through the sea of people. Noah led me to a check in station, I could tell he was on edge, his hand that was still gripping mine, tightened as we waited in line.

"We just need to get through this and get on the plane." he murmured. I wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure me, or himself but it helped to hear the words.

The line slowly moved forward, but not fast enough for Noah. I felt him freeze, even though we weren't moving his entire body stiffened. I studied him, he was staring down the other end of the airport.

"Something of interest honey." I whispered, leaning in to my fake husband.

"Someone..." He replied. "They're walking toward us, they're looking for us."

I frowned, how did some scummy henchmen even know we were here? That this was the airport we'd chosen to use to fly to wherever it was we were going. I didn't have a chance to ask Noah why because before I could he turned me to face him.

"We need to kiss." He explained, lifting hand to my face, he placed a strand of my fake blonde hair behind my ear and pulled me closer to him with the other, until our bodies were flush against one another. I tried to ignore the way my nerve endings were reacting to our closeness. The slinky fabric of my dress did nothing to dull the electricity that seemed to be conducting from him and through me.

"Uh, what?" I managed to stammer.

"To keep our faces hidden. Now... we have to now." He whispered so low only I could hear him. I closed my eyes, knowing that I had no choice but to trust him. His mouth closed around mine and I was gone. When we had kissed in the car, when the officer had pulled Noah over, I'd been taken aback... shocked by the situation. I hadn't been able to truly feel the kiss, this time though was different. We may have been standing in line at a check in stand in an airport, but for a split second it felt like there was only the two of us, that time and space and everything within it, didn't exist. His tongue caressed mine and sent a jolt of pure lust through my body, down into the tips of my fingers, the pit of my stomach and the ends of my toes. Instinctively I wrapped my arms around his neck and tried to bring us closer, Noah followed, his arms caught my waist and he pulled me so close I could feel him breathing, feel the speed of his racing heart. It matched mine.

Then, all too soon he pulled back, his forehead still resting on mine. He sucked in a breath and lifted his hands to my cheeks. He glanced to the side and let out a sigh.

"They've just walk out." he murmured.

I nodded, because I couldn't do anything else. My stomach was turning with unresolved tension and my legs felt like jelly. I turned and stood beside Noah once more. When it was our turn the clerk gave us a knowing smile. She stamped our tickets and weighed our carry on bags. Noah said something about us being newlyweds, but I was still too flummoxed by the kiss to pay attention.