Comments

Finley's POV
(Age 14)

Recently, I've been receiving a lot of hate for no reason. People all over Twitter have been saying that I use my dad for fame and that I don't care about him at all. I don't know how these comments came to be but they really hurt. I cried myself to sleep last night because of them.

I was doing my geometry homework when I got a Twitter notification on my phone. When I looked at it, I couldn't believe what it said.

@/ottoparxxx hey @/finleyknight stop being a worthless piece of shit and fuck you for using your dad for fame. Go slit your wrists and die you little selfish asshole

The tears immediately started spilling down and my breathing became faster and faster.

Why do people keep thinking I use him for fame? All I do is create art and show how much I love and support him and the band! Why does everyone hate me?

I began having a panic attack and I thought I was gonna pass out.

"Fin, dinner's ready!" my dad shouted from downstairs.

When I didn't respond, because I literally couldn't, he came upstairs and found me how I was now.

"Oh Fin," he said concerned.

He immediately came over and started trying to comfort me.

"Hey, it's okay, you're okay," he tried to calm me down as I sobbed into chest.

"Shh, just breath Shark, just breath," he softly spoke to me.

After a little bit my breathing started to slow down and I began to relax a little.

"What was that about?" he sighed.

I began to cry again and gave him my phone. His eyes widened when he saw the screen.

"Oh my god," he breathed out.

I cried even harder into his chest, scared of his reaction.

"What did I do wrong?" I cried.

"Nothing baby," he looked down at me, "nothing at all. They're just assholes because they want to be."

"Hey, what's taking y'all so- wait Fin, what happened?" my mom said as she walked into my room.

Dad sighed and told her about what happened.
She began to break down in tears too.

"Oh god Fin, I'm so sorry this happened," my mom said as she rubbed my back.

I wiped my eyes and rested my head on my dad's chest, using his heartbeat to steady mine.

"I'm gonna make sure this stops right now," he said.

"But if you address it then it'll just get worse, please don't talk about it," I pleaded.

"I'm not letting this happen again, and I know how I'm gonna stop it okay?" he insisted.

I looked down, scared of how he's gonna stop this.

"Go eat dinner with mom, I'll be there in a minute."

I nodded my head and went downstairs with mom.

                             * * *

Awsten's POV

I'm fucking done with these assholes who think this is okay. I logged onto Twitter and let it all out.

@/awsten IM FUCKING DONE. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE ASSHOLES WHO THINKS ITS OKAY TO HARASS MY DAUGHTER AND TELL HER TO KILL HERSELF FUCK YOU. SHE JUST WENT INTO A SEVERE PANIC ATTACK BECAUSE ONE OF YALL TOLD HER TO SLIT HER WRISTS.
|
@/awsten SO TO THE NEXT PERSON WHO DECIDES TO TELL MY DAUGHTER TO HURT HERSELF OR INSULTS HER- YOU WILL BE THE REASON WE GO ON A LONG BREAK. AND I WILL NOT BE GOOD WITH ANYONE IF IT COMES TO THAT.
|
@/awsten THAT MEANS LEARN TO BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING AND STOP BEING AN ASSHOLE WHO TELLS YOUNG GIRLS TO GO KILL THEMSELVES. BE NICE TO PEOPLE. PLEASE. THANK YOU.

When I finished the thread I was fuming. I was fucking disgusted at the fact the people who call themselves "fans" of me and the band are hating on Fin for no fucking reason. Hopefully this will somewhat fix the problem.