Bullies

Finley's POV
(Age 13)

I was getting all my belongings to go home when none other that Sarah Parker walked up to me.

She's been bullying me since 6th grade, and if I tell anyone that she has, I'm done for.

"Well well well, if it isn't the slut that is Finley Coward," she scowls.

I just continue to get the things out of my locker. All of the sudden she grabs my hair and pulls on it hard.

"Let go of it you bitch!" I yell at her.

"Why? You're already a fugly whore, why don't we just add on to that?" she laughs.

She then punched me straight in the jaw, so I kick her in the throat. When she lets go of my hair and I bolt out of the school and straight to the spot where Jawn picks me up everyday.

When I got to the spot and saw his car I immediately jumped into the back and told him to just go. When his face started turning into a look of concern that's when I knew he saw the bruise.

"Hey, what the hell happened?"

"Just fucking drive Jawn," I tried to say without letting the tears fall down.

He started the car and began driving off to his place.

"Explain right now why you have a giant bruise forming on your jaw," he insisted.

"It doesn't fucking matter."

Once we pulled up to his place, I jumped out of the car and raced inside his apartment, locking myself in his bathroom. That's where I broke down and just wanted to crawl into a whole and die.

"Open up the door Fin!" Jawn exclaimed while banging on the door.

I wasn't gonna open up the door for anyone.

Except one person.

Eventually the banging stopped and I just continued to sob in pain, physically and emotionally. I just don't get why she hates me so much, I haven't done anything to her.

*           *           *

About an hour had passed and I still was just letting out all of the built up emotions all over Jawn's bathroom. He kept trying to get me out of there but I wouldn't budge.

But then I heard a familiar knock.

"Finley it's me, please open up," my dad said letting out a shaky breath.

I looked up at the door, not sure if I should open it or not.

"Fin please, I just wanna know you're okay," he pleaded.

I decided to do it. I slowly got up and unlocked the door. When I opened it my dad was standing there looking terrified. I immediately threw myself onto him and latched my arms around his neck. I sobbed into his chest, so glad he was here.

He picked me up under my legs and my back and brought me over to Jawn's bed. He then sat down and I sat up, continuing to cry on his shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay, you're safe now," he whispered my ear.

He started to hum my favorite songs and rock me, it's how he comforts me.

Once I started to calm down, he asked the big question.

"What happened?" he whispered into my ear.

I wiped my eyes and decided I just had to come clean about everything, I couldn't take it anymore.

"T-there's this g-girl, her n-name's Sarah. She's been b-bullying me f-for a long t-time, like since 6th g-grade. And s-she said i-if I tell anyone a-about what she's b-been doing t-to me," I began to break down again, "s-she'll h-hurt m-me r-really b-b-bad..."

Dad's eyes went wide and I cried into his chest some more, letting it all out.

"Oh my god Fin, I'm so sorry. I can't believe she's been doing this to you," he said in shock.

"P-Please don't make me go b-back there, I c-can't take it anymore," I cried.

"You're not, you're safe," he hugged me tightly.

Daphne then walked in.

"Hey- wait, where did you get that bruise from?" she asked worriedly.

I looked down and said quietly, "Sarah did it."

Dad's eyes widened and Daphne asked, "who's Sarah?"

"Long story, I'll explain it later," my dad covered for me.

"Can I get you some ice for it?"

"Yes please," my dad responded.

She left the room to get the ice and I continued to cry into his chest.

"I'm gonna call the school tomorrow and tell them this has been happening," he said looking down at me while stroking my hair.

"Please don't," I looked up, "if she finds out I told you what happened it's gonna get worse."

"It won't if I take you out of there. I promise, nothing else is going to happen to you," he kissed my forehead.

I cried into his chest again and he explained everything to Jawn and Daphne. I eventually fell asleep in his arms.