Six

Aaron

We all walk into the dining room and I see that the food is already on the table. I silently thank Aphmau for thinking of that and I go take a seat. No words are exchanged when the food is passed around, until we start eating.

My mom clears her throat and looks at me. “So how did you two meet?” I look over at Aphmau and see that her eyes turned a little darker. “Umm, Aaron found me in the woods by a birch tree.” She says as she takes another bite of her mashed potatoes. 

My dad accidentally drops his fork when he hears this and all eyes turn to him. “Why were you in the woods, and alone?” I see sadness flash between Aph’s expression but it’s covered up in a second. “I was running away and that’s where I decided to stop at for the night.”

“Why were you running away, and from what?” My dad asks. Once those words were said, both me and my mom glared at him. “No, no. It’s okay, really.” I look at Aph and see her eyes start to turn red little by little. “The O’Khasis Pack, I was running away from them because they abused me.” 

Now her eyes are completely red and I’m starting to get scared. “Honey, take her outside real quick, let her get all her anger out.” I look to my mom and nod my head. “On it.” 

I get up from my seat and pick up Aph bridal style. I carry her outside and set her down by all the cheap fragile stuff. “Have fun.” I chuckle slightly when Aph gives me a confused look and I grab a jar. I look in her eyes and drop the jar casually. 

Her eyes widen a little before a smirk replaces her confused expression. I step back by the door so I don’t get hit and watch as Aph goes at it. First, she picks up a Carson Jar and throws it at a nearby tree. She grabs another jar and throws it up in the air. She then jumps up, spins 3 times, and then kicks the jar. She gets her anger out for a while before I notice my parents walking through the doors. 

“Aaron, I’m sorry. I just didn’t know so I was confused when she said you found her in the woods. It made me think she was a rogue, well technically she was because she ran away from her pack but I think she has a pretty good reason for that.” My dad chuckles slightly but it soon dies down. “No it’s okay, plus, if you hadn’t said anything, I wouldn’t see her having this much fun right now.” We both laugh at that and then we watch my mom go and join Aphmau.

I swear, my mom acts like a teenager sometimes. She will be serious when it comes to her pack, but when she's away, she turns into a little girl. If she sees a baby or a puppy, she goes full on fangirl. Oh, and god forbid I forget the shopping sprees. She owns her own shopping mall and has a bedroom just in case she gets tired. Which is conveniently right by the food court. 

I'm thrown out of my thoughts when I see Aphmau coming towards me.  I smile down at her and wrap her up in, a hug when she gets close enough. "You all good now?" I ask. I feel her nod her head against my chest and I put my chin in her head. 

We stand like that for a few minutes when I smell a rogue off in the distance. I let go of Aphmau and start to head in the direction of the rogue. Before I even make it to the edge of the woods, a female wolf comes out. 

I growl and am about to shift when I see Aphmau run past me to the wolf. "Aph!" I know she heard me but she didn't stop.  When she reaches the wolf she gets on one knee and stares into the wolf's eyes. The wolf smiles slightly at Aphmau and Aph stands up. 

She walks past me and into the house. I hear some doors open and slam shut before a scream is heard. I wince slightly as I hear her start crying and I walk over to the wolf. I stop right in front of her and when I look down, I see that she's crying. 

I stare at the wolf for a second before my mom comes over and gives the wolf a pair of clothes. The wolf grabs the clothes and nods her head before going behind a tree. 

She comes back out a few seconds later and wipes at her eyes. She stops a little in front of us and I can instantly see the similarities she has with Aphmau. My eyes widen as the realization hit me. "You're her mother aren't you." 

The woman nods her head and another tear slides down her cheek. Seeing this, I go and hug her and she starts to bawl in my shirt. She calms down a few minutes later and she pulls away. "I'm sorry." She laughs slightly and I join her. "It's fine, would you like to come in?" 

Aph's mom is hesitant for a second before she takes a step back. "I don't think she'd want me in her home right now." I look up to the balcony hanging off my room and see Aphmau laying on the bed facing the wall. "Yeah I know, but I'm not gonna let you stay out here alone. So come on."

She nods her head slowly and follows me inside. I take her to the living room and my mom brings out some tea. She and my dad sit on the couch to her right and I sit across from her. "Please, have a cup if you'd like." 

She nods her head and pours herself a cup. She takes a sip and then puts it down again. She sits back in the couch and looks up towards my bedroom where Aph is. "So, what happened between you two?" I ask. 

Aphmau's mom sighs and moves her hair behind her ear. "Firstly, you should know my name is Sylvanna. So, anyway, when Aph was born, everyone instantly loved her, and then my husband started paying more attention to her than me, so I got jealous."

I nod slowly and look back into her eyes. "So you're the one who started the fire?" Her head snaps to me so quick I'm sure she got whiplash. "How do you know about that?" I shrug my shoulders. "Aph talks in her sleep and I heard her say 'the stupid bitch got what she deserved when she started that fire to kill me'. So I'm guessing you didn't make it out alive, but she was only a little girl at the time, so how did she get out?"

"Angelica." I look up to the second floor to see Aphmau leaning over the railing a little bit. "The Luna of the O'Khasis Pack saved my life. And Mr. Falcon, I know about your ties with that O'Khasis Pack and yes, that is how she got those scars on her face. And because she has those scars, the whole pack blamed me and abused me! All because my 'mother' set that fire to kill me, but oh I am so glad that fire got caught in your hair!"

Sylvanna hung her head and my mother stood up and walked over to her. She stopped right in front of her and Sylvanna looked up at her. I saw a tear slide down her cheek and then I saw my mom slap her hard across the face. "You don't get to cry for what you did."

_________

I'm back from the dead!  💀👻☠️🧟‍♀

Anyway, here's chapter 6!  Hope you like it!

Cya!