7. Creatively Insane

Start from the beginning

To cheat in my fucking bed.

And after I burned the mattress and the sheets she laid in I felt a whole lot better knowing that I will be sleeping on a new bed without bodily fluids on it.

She better come and fetch her fucking clothes.

I took a cold shower, got in some comfortable sweats and a grey hoodie. And after eating dinner Sebastian came over.

"These need your signature, so I'll be here tomorrow morning to take them to the office." He says placing the documents on the coffee table in front of us.

I nod looking up at him. "Is there anything else?"

He takes a swig of his beer I offered him earlier. "You also have a Skype meeting with Calvo Logistics tomorrow at noon. That's all."

"Okay, thanks." I say taking a deep breath in, already feeling exhausted for work tomorrow.

Seb chuckles. "You good man? You seemed stressed. Is that why you went out for a walk."

"Mhm."

"I heard you fired Kiro earlier today at the office." He laughs as he settles his drink down on the table. "What did he do? I thought he was a keeper, he was skilled enough for the job."

I massage my temples as I remember the events that took earlier. I fired my business manager.
"He was being very unprofessional with Mr. Anderson in the meeting this morning. He wanted to offer seventy percent of our expenses to the project without confronting me about it first, he's crazy to think that I'll allow that."

"I heard he left crying. Poor guy." I watch Seb lunge forward in his seat. "So that means the position is open right?"

I nod watching his eyes go big. "Pretty much yes." I stand up taking the documents with me as I make my way to my study down the hall. "I'll think about it Sebastian." I say smiling without looking back at him.

It's been about an hour later. Seb left and I was all alone reviewing some things until Lidith comes knocking on the door.
I tell her to come in and she does.
"Mr. Lane, the receptionist is asking for you downstairs. I told her you were busy but she insisted saying it's urgent."

I frown thinking about what so urgent. The hotel receptionist is informed to not call my office phone but the one in the living room. I nod grabbing my phone. "I'll see what's it about."

Lidith nods exiting the room.

I stand up looking out the big window in my office watching the dark sky and city lights while waiting for someone to pick up, and when they do it's informed I make my way downstairs.

What is so important?

Nevertheless, I make my way to the living room and to the front door, entering my private elevator pressing the button for the ground floor. Nine floors down.

And before I know it the elevator doors dings open. I approach the woman behind the front desk but she rather points towards the small waiting area on the side of the hotel entrance.
I turn my head to see where she's pointing and there I see the person I didn't think I'd see again.

Madison Monroe.

And as my eyes settle on her soft features she looks up catching me. In her eyes is pain, so much pain and I can't help but wonder what had happened at the hospital.

...

Earlier that day

Madison~~

"H-how can this happen all of a sudden? She was fine just a few days ago a-and now you're telling me she had a high fever that caused her to have a seizure?" I frantically ask the doctor in front of me hoping what he just said isn't true. It can't be.

The doctor looks up at me sadly. "A complication like this can arise because of your mother's frequent high fevers and low blood sugar."

A complication.

"It must've started awhile back for it to cause her to have a seizure. We've given her certain medications to help calm her down like anesthetic. But this may lead to something much more serious."

"Which is?" I ask looking down at the ground not having the strength to face for what's to come.

He gulps. "A coma."

Sitting next to my mother's bed and looking down at her resting face, it's breaking my heart to see her like this. Tears slowly welling up in my eyes as I think about the pain she must be experiencing right now. She's my family, the only person I have left and if I loose her I might as well die.

I've lost so many people that's close to me. First my father, my baby, and then Christian. I can't loose the woman that taught me everything I know, the woman that I have always looked up to.
But as I gently take her hand in mine and give it a light squeeze I begin to slowly loosing hope when I get no response out of her.

Maybe I'm overthinking and overwhelmed by this whole situation, but I've been beaten down so many times before that it was hard to finally get on my feet again and just when I do something bad happens again making it hard for me to be hopeful.

Maybe she will be okay.

Suddenly her room door opens and Sahra steps in with a glass of water in her hands. When she finally reach me she passes me the glass and I thank her.
She told me everything that happened, that she heard some noises coming out of my mother's room and when she opened the door and saw my mom's shaking body on the floor she instantly got frightened.

"You should go home, Sahra."

"But-" She protests but I cut her off.

I give her a small lifeless smile. "It's okay, I got it from here."

She nods, but before she leaves she tells me to call her if I need anything or if there's any news about my mom.

I gently stroke my mother's aging hair. "Mom." Maybe she can hear me. "I-i, please don't give up." I bite my bottom lip since I have nothing left to say. I just want her to be okay.
The tears slowly running down my face as I lean down to rest my head on her shoulder.

I don't want to loose hope.

I don't want to feel like the Madison from two years ago, hopeless.

I hear the door open once more but don't have the energy to look who it is. Probably just Sahra.

"Did you forget something Sahra?" I hurriedly clean up my tears not wanting her to see me like this.

"Madison."

Not Sahra.

_____________

28 June 2020.
_____________

I missed last week's update but chapter 8 will be right up after this, so I hope you enjoy.