Chapter Nine

This chapter is dedicated to Needtoknow_basis for their embarrassing stories that admittedly made me giggle (I'm sorry).

Damian

Why was I here?

You could asl me that a million times but, I really couldn't answer that question. It was a conundrum in itself because every minuscule detail surrounding the situation was a paradox. All I knew was that something-well many things had gone wrong today and the first immediate contact I thought of seeking was her's. Not Luke's. Nor Vincent's. Nor Kelsey's.

It was her's.

I lay my head against her beaten down couch, closing my eyes slowly, wallowing in my own despair. I took a small breath, allowing myself to float in my own dismay. I let the feeling of anger and disappointment fill me to the brim as my thoughts swam in a liquid solution of resent. Why had I come to her? The second my last straw snapped I found myself jumping into my car and speeding down the roads to reach her home for a reason unbeknownst to me.

The slam of the door and humming had me sitting upright in my seat. My icy coloured eyes scanned the dimly lit room, waiting upon her arrival into the room. "Angel oh oh oh. Knew you were special from the moment I saw you." She sang as I heard the keys rattle. "I saw you-what the fuck?!" She screaming, dropping her belongings.

"Where were you?" I spoke bluntly, forgetting her scream of fright and the glare plastered over her face.

"Spin." She matched my tone of bluntness, picking up her things and setting them aside. My icy blue orbs watched her silhouette in the dimly lit room. Her figure illuminated as she turned one of the lamps on nearby. "How did you get in?" She didn't seem angry nor annoyed that I was here but, she did seem genuinely curious as to how I got in and probably why I was here. Her awfully calm composure made me raise a brow, she wasn't freaking out and that had me sitting on the edge of my seat wondering how we got to the point of being so comfortable that I could come to her home even when she wasn't here.

"You gave me a key remember?"

"I did? When?"

"I couldn't tell you an exact date, Adrianna." I snapped making her eyes widen and her mouth part slightly.

"I don't have a key to your house how is that fair?" She finally spoke.

"That doesn't matter." I slumped in my seat, my eyes never leaving hers as she pulled off her gym top.

"Why are you sitting here like a weirdo?"

"I needed you," I spoke unequivocally with no hidden intents because I did need her in that moment and that was the simple truth. There was no reason to sugar coat things nor lie to her about my reason for visiting. We weren't friends or even close to being friends so why would I dare share my problems with a stranger?

Something must have stirred in her and she must have been overcome with emotion because she so confidently swung her legs over each side of my leg and straddled me, "What happened?" Her painted false nails elongated her fingers as they held onto my face, pushing it up so I could be in direct eye contact with her. "Something gone wrong today?"

My brows knitted together at the sudden question. I didn't know of her intentions because I didn't know her. She was the hardest equation to solve or to even have the slightest clue on where to start to find a solution. She was complex. Complicated. Something else. So forgive me if I seem even the slightest bit surprised at the sudden interest in my personal life. "I don't want to talk about it," I answered before I could think. However, this was justifiable...I didn't know her. She didn't know me. We weren't friends. I only talked to my inner circle about my problems-hell I barely talked to my parents, so what made anyone or even her think I would so suddenly talk a stranger about my problems?