"I think that's a wonderful idea. When will you go?"

"Not for a while yet" Ethan replied "I have a lot to sort out like getting a Nanny for Hannah who's willing to travel for some time."

"Will you be back?" Paul asked bluntly.

"This is my home Alpha. I will be back."

"Good, good. One person missing from the pack is enough. I'd rather not have to go looking for you as well."

Misty stood suddenly and walked to rest her hands on the sink as she looked out amongst the trees. Clarice came up behind her and rested her hands on her cousins shoulders.

"We'll find her Misty, we'll bring her home. If she's still alive.... " her voice trailed off.

Misty let out a shuddering sigh and said quietly "Janella is still alive."

Ethan shot up in his chair "How do you know?"

Without turning Misty answered "I can't explain that to you Ethan, I'm sorry. Telling you all that she's still alive is more than I should be telling you."

Paul stood angrily "If you know where she is then you have to tell us Misty!"

"Paul your alpha voice won't work on me, you know that. I can't tell you any more than I have."

"Please Misty," Ethan begged without understanding the reasons why he needed to know so badly "where is she?"

Misty turned away from the sink and her cousins hands dropped back to her sides and she took a step back. Misty looked at Ethan with pain in her eyes. "She's alive Ethan and she's happy. She doesn't remember anything and I'm not sure if she will without prompting. She doesn't know who she is but she goes by the name Ella."

Ethans heart fell through the floor. Ella. Sander told him the name Ella. Why didn't he follow through? Sweet Nellie was Ella.

"WHAT????" Came an angry voice from the kitchen door. They all jumped and looked to see Cam standing before them. Clarice rushed to hug him as he looked accusingly towards Misty. "You've known all this time where she is?"

"No I didn't. I'm still not sure. I knew if I looked I'd be bringing her back here before she's ready to return."

"What the hell does that mean?" He gently moved his mother to the side as he took a step towards Misty.

"Janella has a new life, she's happy. She's...."

"She's married" Cam said quietly "she's married to a guy I met in the army. It makes so much sense now. No wonder I wanted..." his voice trailed off. Clarice looked at her son horrified to hear what he had to say.

"Do you know who?" His father asked.

Cam walked to the back door looking and feeling defeated and as his hand held the door knob he spoke "His name is Sam, he was my commanding officer." His wolf demanded space and he left the house with the slamming of the door echoing in the room.

Ethan watched in shock trying to take it all in, she'd been so close without them even knowing. Now she may as well be a million miles away. His chest hurt and he felt like the life was being squeezed from within his lungs. Sander was howling and demanding retribution as he paced looking for blood. Ethan was at a loss as to wat to say or do next. It was Paul's voice that roused him back to the present.

"Where is she Misty?"

"I don't know Paul."

"How could you not tell us she was ok? You know how..."

"I owe you no explanation Paul."

"Dammit Misty, how could you do this? You know how important she is..."

Misty pulled herself up to her full height and with a voice completely foreign to her own she seethed the words "How could I? How could I Paul? Just remember who did this, remember who it was that drove her away! If you want to keep pointing fingers Paul then point them at your son! He drove my daughter away! Do you think I wanted this? Where would you prefer your child be Paul?"

Paul flinched and turned away as Clarice put her hands to her mouth. Ethan sat; still in shock.

Hannah's whimpers at the raised voices brought them back to earth and they were now quiet. Each wanting to say more but not wanting to frighten the child. Ethan picked her up and cradled her to him as he asked Misty in a softer voice "Will she be found?" He was scared of the answer but had to ask.

"Yes Ethan. Janella will be found and she will return to us when it's time."

Ethan nodded somewhat relieved. He couldn't explain what he was feeling at that moment as he thought of those crystal blue eyes. He just knew they were important.

It was with that thought he said his goodbyes. Knowing as he walked out the door that it would be some time before he returned to here again. His thoughts were on her as he carried their sleepy daughter home. What was she trying to tell him?