Part 13

Lizzie sat on her private jet with Arthur who was looking out a little worried."

"And you say this flying machine goes into the air without dropping."

"it ascends and descends  slowly and calmly...most of the time." Arthur looked at her incredulously.

"Relax, I'm right here." she took a hold of his hand and kissed it, he relaxed slightly.

"Mrs Penn, we're ready for take off." the hostess smiled. Lizzie nodded and buckled herself in. Arthur looked at what she was doing and copied. Lizzie took his hand again as the took off.

---2 months later----

Lizzie and Arthur were still traveling sorting out business and investments, Lizzie tried to include him everything but he still had a lot to learn. They were currently back in England, shopping, Lizzie was looking for more clothes for the people for when they woke up.

"How do you know who to shop for?" Arthur wondered

"We made a register of people and their ages, I have had that list for years I know it off by heart." she told him. She went to look around and Arthur was going to follow her when he saw a familiar face.

"Merlin?" he said

"What?" Lizzie looked back not quite hearing what he said. Arthur looked back a little panicked

"Nothing, I'm just going to look over there." he pointed in a different direction. Lizzie smiled softly.

"Okay." he turned around and almost ran off. he left the circle of clothing into the clear pathway between sections.

"Hello, sire." Arthur swung round to face Merlin.

"Merlin!?" Arthur grabbed the former servant's arm and hated him further away from the sopping Lizzie.

"What on earth are you doing here."

"Can I not say hello to my former master, who just recently was brought back to life." Merlin grinned, Arthur scowled at him then hit I'm around the head.

"If this was a thousand years ago, I would have your head."

"Ow, what did I do."

"Where shall I start, oh here's one. You disobeyed me and abandoned Elizabeth." Merlin's face dropped

"She told you about that then."

"She told me everything, they all did. I told you to look after her but what did yo do, you left."

"I did...from a far."

"Elizabeth has a lovely expression these days that explains this perfectly....Bullshit. She lost everything, you weren't there. Gwaine and Percival were, they didn't leave and I didn't even ask them." His jaw tightened

"You need to leave." Merlin went to protest

"No, what you did to her is worse than finding out you lied about having magic. i trusted you to look after her when I was gone, you didn't. Go."

"Arthur." Merlin sighed

"Now!" Arthur walked away to find Lizzie who was still none the wiser, he slipped his arm around her waist and kissed her head before looking back to where Merlin was still standing.

---------

Lizzie was out for the count while Arthur  lookout over London city. Somewhere out there was Merlin, the servant who he called friend and the man that had saved his life many times though he didn't know it back then. He had to admit he did think for a small moment on where Merlin was but when the three of them told him their story and how he wasn't there he was angry, sure in the end everything worked out or it will but, he asked Merlin with his dying breath to protect his wife.