Hypernaturals Reading Order

The Morgan Olsen Books

It is not a requirement to read the Morgan Olsen Detective Procedurals before getting into the world of the Vampires. Morgan and Angel are introduced in them, but the books never get into the world of Hypernaturals.

Lonely Dancer

This is book one. Morgan is a Homicide Detective in Houston. The time frame is the early 2000's. An Exotic Dancer is found dead, and the case falls to Morgan and her partner, Sam Parker to solve. Working in a Sexually Oriented Business, the pressure is on to just close it and move on. That is not how Morgan works. Morgan meets Angel.

The Law of Unintended Consequences

A few months after solving Sally LeBlanc's death, to no one's satisfaction, Sam and Morgan catch a case that turns out to be a serial killer. Or is it? The headwinds from above are powerful as the trail leads to some people that are both openly and secretly protected and in theory untouchable. Only Morgan never pays attention to things like that. 

I Only Wanted a Beer (Short Story)

Morgan is waiting in a cop bar for Sam. A young man walks in and makes a pass at her. Based off a true story.

The Hypernaturals

Vampires are real. They evolved as the perfect predator. The apex predator of the apex species. Being turned is happenstance, and the organisms that transform one into a vampire are primarily focused on the 'XX' genome. When a male turns, he is instantly treated with suspicion, since males tend to run amok with their newfound capabilities. Vampires USED to be the apex, but the problem is that humans evolved something too: Technology. Vampires do everything they have to in order to remain hidden from the humans, but at the same time fill their instinctual need for blood.

Naked Came the Vampire (HN 1)

Jessica is hunting at a nude beach for a blood meal, and perhaps a quickie. The Vampire world as it is: when you are going to live for thousands of years, are perpetually twenty-five, need a monthly blood meal, and need to NOT be involved long term with anyone that only lives a few decades. She finds Adrian, who is mourning a breakup.

Before it is all over, Jessica and Adrian are going to face Drug Lords, a cop that is hunting her, The North American Vampire Council, and the woman that loves Jessica: Helen.

Revision One of this story is on Wattpad.

Becky (Short Story)

Included in Book 1 on Wattpad

Becky is a Vampire, a preacher in Colorado, and the leader of a subcommittee charged with judging a particular male Vampire that is not working out well.

Nova (Short Story)

Included in Book 1 on Wattpad

Nova was born more than a millennia ago in the part of the world now known as the American Southwest. When she is not working on Vampire Council business, she is an archeologist. Nova has a problem. She has uncovered a situation the risks exposure of the Vampire secret to humans. Along the way, she meets a young human, and he looks good enough to eat.

Siren Song (HN 2)

Things were just settling down when a new problem appears. Vampires thought they wiped out Siren's many thousands of years ago, but they didn't. They are back, and they are angry. Sirens are not the kind of people that let pogram's go unaddressed.